Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rise of Iron - Expansion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

The Forge is a great way to level up. I've only been able to get online for about an hour a night and I've already gone from 371 to 378 from running the Forge and 1 nightfall.

The only big problem is it's so hard to find people who want to run it. Every time I check it on patrol it's empty.

(Also, don't think I'll be chancing the NF again this week :pac:)

If its ever empty I head down the tunnel to the towards the site6 entrance and then come back into the forge again, I've found it to have more success finding groups than coming into the forge via the main steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

The Forge is a great way to level up. I've only been able to get online for about an hour a night and I've already gone from 371 to 378 from running the Forge and 1 nightfall.

The only big problem is it's so hard to find people who want to run it. Every time I check it on patrol it's empty.

I had that issue too. Apparrently, you need to crawl your way in to the forge, other wise you just end up in your own instance. Really stoopid mechanic. Other night myself and a bluey where walking in at the same time and as soon as we hit the instance threshold, you could see him disappear into his own instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

Thanks to Aces and Gonz for helping me with the start of the OP quest last night, just the nightfall to do now for the first part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I had that issue too. Apparrently, you need to crawl your way in to the forge, other wise you just end up in your own instance. Really stoopid mechanic. Other night myself and a bluey where walking in at the same time and as soon as we hit the instance threshold, you could see him disappear into his own instance.

Ya it's a pretty stupid mechanic alright. I'd normally try to do at least 1 patrol outside, then go into the Forge but I've had no luck finding anyone there.

Will try syboit's trick tonight if I get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just remember walk don't run up the corridor.
    Allegedly that's important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Will try syboit's trick tonight if I get on.

gimli2112 wrote:
    Just remember walk don't run up the corridor. Allegedly that's important.

I was running in and out last night :O I met a guy who disappeared ahead of me into another instance back outside down the steps. He was sitting on he ground, we waved at each other. I walked through the threshold and he ran back in and we lost each other. I met a different guy in there and we kicked it off and were joined by two others. Pity for bluey I lost in the alternate reality :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Ran 3 NF's last night, few wipes nothing major, stick to the cheese spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

dudeeile wrote: »
    Ran 3 NF's last night, few wipes nothing major, stick to the cheese spot.

Watched a youtuber soloing it at lunch. Looked easy. :)

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Watched a youtuber soloing it at lunch. Looked easy. :)

Feckin youtubers.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

Daraa wrote: »
    Couldn't get past Voksis last night, we were "carrying" one lad who was a few light levels too low but to be honest we all died a few times before the first DPS phase.

Tried to switch it up a few times and moved from the left lane to the right lane and then back again to try and cover the under LL lad but the far charges kept messing us up.

Too many misses as well with the far ones trying to get them in without 1> taking damage & 2> rushing because thought the charge might disappear since we took time to clear adds.

Final Whinge: Thanks for my faction packages for my 4 arms all at 389 which stopped my planned LL grind to 391 for the raid.

Got it done Saturday night. Its actually shocking that Voksis is the hardest part of the HM raid. Got the siege engine done in the 2nd attempt. 2 man clutch at the end. (Walker even slammed and pushed me up the ramp with the engine part). Aksis was a walk in the park once we saw where the MGs were. Phase 2 just required more running from Cannon people.

Got the pulse and the sniper. Pulse is a beast and looking forward to using it on the Voksis adds this week. I really should have brought the KF Pulse and Shotgun up LL's for the raid actually. Decent weapons with that reload would have been handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Daraa wrote:
    Got the pulse and the sniper. Pulse is a beast and looking forward to using it on the Voksis adds this week. I really should have brought the KF Pulse and Shotgun up LL's for the raid actually. Decent weapons with that reload would have been handy.

SGA: the WotM raid weapon perks mean you'll rarely have to reload. The machine gun is criminal on Vosik and the scout is the job on Aksis.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,661 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Vosik.... for feck sake! By far the hardest part of the raid.

Took us hours upon hours to get past it (and required major clutch play after I died at the start of what should have been the last run - well done lads!) - once Vosik is dealt with I am confident we can (and do) complete the raid fairly handily after that, but Vosik makes you god damned EARN that progress. What a jerk!

Got a 396 handcannon and 397 Sniper and Sidearm from the run last night - however much I like the handcannon I reckon I am still going to infuse it (probably into OP), just don't reckon I will use the handcannon much, not over palendrone, eyasluna or imago loop in PVP, and just won't be using it over Chaos Dogma, Genesis Chain or OP in the raid.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Vosik.... for feck sake! By far the hardest part of the raid.

Took us hours upon hours to get past it (and required major clutch play after I died at the start of what should have been the last run - well done lads!) - once Vosik is dealt with I am confident we can (and do) complete the raid fairly handily after that, but Vosik makes you god damned EARN that progress. What a jerk!

Got a 396 handcannon and 397 Sniper and Sidearm from the run last night - however much I like the handcannon I reckon I am still going to infuse it (probably into OP), just don't reckon I will use the handcannon much, not over palendrone, eyasluna or imago loop in PVP, and just won't be using it over Chaos Dogma, Genesis Chain or OP in the raid.

Vosik can be a pain alright. I did that part with 2 groups from LFG over the weekend and they both were throwing the bombs ASAP once they dropped. So basically you have about 3-4 seconds to get to your bomb before the 3 second throw countdown. If you are near the bomb you can get to a safe place to throw it; otherwise clear the mobs and be ready to pick up and throw straight away.

nevelator wrote: »
    Vosik can be a pain alright. I did that part with 2 groups from LFG over the weekend and they both were throwing the bombs ASAP once they dropped. So basically you have about 3-4 seconds to get to your bomb before the 3 second throw countdown. If you are near the bomb you can get to a safe place to throw it; otherwise clear the mobs and be ready to pick up and throw straight away.

We were clearing adds and then throwing, left and right needed to be very quick to stay in time with mid. I was on the left and pushed way up to kill adds as they came through the doors. A few wipes but had a much harder time on Aksis.

Tough getting that centre captain, I was selfres and died quite a few times dropping him.

If there is a problem with the centre captain on Aksis you should ask the Cannon runners left and right to take care of that captain too. They will always be coming centre or heading across the map anyway - so can ping the captain as they come across.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Daraa

PetKing wrote: »
    SGA: the WotM raid weapon perks mean you'll rarely have to reload. The machine gun is criminal on Vosik and the scout is the job on Aksis.

Yeah I hear its like SGA expect for misses it proc's for crits. Can only imagine the damage it'll do on Aksis or any boss that's tethered! Works out at something like 88 bullets in the mag, 86 for triple tap and an other 86 for double triple. 260 rounds in total!

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

dudeeile wrote: »
    We were clearing adds and then throwing, left and right needed to be very quick to stay in time with mid. I was on the left and pushed way up to kill adds as they came through the doors. A few wipes but had a much harder time on Aksis.
    Tough getting that centre captain, I was selfres and died quite a few times dropping him.

Void Machine gun and shotgun/fusion for the captain. The raid chest helps also with the half damage when holding a Siva charge.

Edit: If you were referring to the Captains at Aksis - what Conovar said!

All this talk of Vosiks being a right bastard, we must have been lucky on Friday. Got him down on the first run. Yes there where a few hairy bits. I was close a few times, thinking I wasn't going to make it. I did eventually die, but thankfully right at the end. Avoiding a splodey shank, jumped backwards and managed to find the gap between the wall and the railings. The lads pulled it out though.

Zamboni really fcuked with us though. Lost count of the number of attempts. Got it done sub 6 mins so bonus.

Aksis, we where all making silly stupid mistakes, to the point where it was bordering on quitting time, but as is the case with all these stories, one more run, this is the one lads, and it was.

Weapon wise I'm just missing the sniper, but my christ is Armour hard to come by, only got the helm. Did go from 381 to 386 so happy enough.

All this talk of Vosiks being a right bastard, we must have been lucky on Friday. Got him down on the first run. Yes there where a few hairy bits. I was close a few times, thinking I wasn't going to make it. I did eventually die, but thankfully right at the end. Avoiding a splodey shank, jumped backwards and managed to find the gap between the wall and the railings. The lads pulled it out though.

Zamboni really fcuked with us though. Lost count of the number of attempts. Got it done sub 6 mins so bonus.

Aksis, we where all making silly stupid mistakes, to the point where it was bordering on quitting time, but as is the case with all these stories, one more run, this is the one lads, and it was.

Weapon wise I'm just missing the sniper, but my christ is Armour hard to come by, only got the helm. Did go from 381 to 386 so happy enough.
    Think the lads started on the raid about 11 or so the other night, I joined up around 1.30 and they were still at it, didn't get him killed by 3am when we called it a night.

Went back in last night around 8.30 or so - think it was 10 or so by the time we got to the zamboni, maybe a little after.

Our group was just having so much trouble staying alive. a few stupid mistakes contributing to that - i went off the map throwing the charge twice. Including the time the lads clutched it. I was so damned furious with myself!

We got it finally beat just before 12 - second HM completion for me this week. Got it done on Hunter and Titan. Won't get it done on Warlock this week.

Actually not looking forward to running it on the warlock - as I've head ZERO luck on raid armor for them - no chest (for Siva overshield) and no arms (for heavy ammo)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

The Phrase "An enjoyable challenge" was uttered more than once on Vosiks :D

We have practically rinsed Aksis on Hard both times (maybe 5 or 6 wipes, like 40 mins or so total) compared to the hours spent on Vosiks.

Kind of reminds me of the Totems in KF in that once you learn the specific timing of whats happening and when with regards ads spawning, it's starts to become easier.

Death Zamboni is actually pretty forgiving if you focus on killing the guys from the Skiff and the Tank as opposed to freaking out about rushing the parts.

There was a post on Reddit last week that you actually have time to kill every single enemy that arrives as a 6 man team before picking up the parts, moving them and THEN killing Meksis. I much prefer doing a blend of that with the normal mode approach we've previously done

Raid LMG is criminal against Vosiks. Criminal!!!
    Think the lads started on the raid about 11 or so the other night, I joined up around 1.30 and they were still at it, didn't get him killed by 3am when we called it a night.

Good practice.

As Cal said, it was like doing the Golgoroth challenge back in the day.
    You'd be there messing up for like 3 hours and then the next day you'd go in and kill him in like 2 or 3 runs.

Tiredness + Beer + People changing around does not for a good Vosiks run make.

• Advertisement

Cormac... wrote: »
    Raid LMG is criminal against Vosiks. Criminal!!!

The constant sound of the perk proc'ing is AWESOME.

I must try the MG. Have to say, they've done a good job with the Raid weapons this time around. Wasn't overly fond of any of the KF weapons, except for the MG, but really am liking all I've gotten so far. Haven't tried the HC, but then again don't really use them any more.

Cormac... wrote: »
    Good practice.

As Cal said, it was like doing the Golgoroth challenge back in the day.
    You'd be there messing up for like 3 hours and then the next day you'd go in and kill him in like 2 or 3 runs.

had to shoot that one down last night

"Should we swap it up lads?"

"NOPE. No. NOPE. No swapping.".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Cormac... wrote:

You just need 100% better callouts....;-)

jcd5971 wrote: »
    You just need 100% better callouts....;-)

Guardian down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Farming the SIVA offerings is taking a fair bit of time having to vault them each time,looking for the rarer ones and i keep getting the fused ones

Least im levelling subclasses though

EoinHef wrote: »
    Farming the SIVA offerings is taking a fair bit of time having to vault them each time,looking for the rarer ones and i keep getting the fused ones

Least im levelling subclasses though

You'd probably be better off spending the time going in and out of the forge to find a group and then just use whatever offering you get. Once you get into a good run you could be in there for an hour or two.

If you can get a shell aswell that has bonus glimmer for fallen and spinmetal for engram pickups it would help aswell. I think the frontier shell from the speaker has it this week, and I'm sure the dread explorer shell drops with those perks aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

syboit wrote: »
    You'd probably be better off spending the time going in and out of the forge to find a group and then just use whatever offering you get. Once you get into a good run you could be in there for an hour or two.

I think the main point here is: rewards drop for everyone - not just the person who provided the offering.
    So even if you don't have a purple but you're in there with 2 other people, chances are, one of them does have a purple.

I think the main point here is: rewards drop for everyone - not just the person who provided the offering.
    So even if you don't have a purple but you're in there with 2 other people, chances are, one of them does have a purple.

Yup, and as far as I can see the only bonus a purple gives you is with the servitor/captain there is a chance of an extoic when 3oC's is used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

syboit wrote: »
    Yup, and as far as I can see the only bonus a purple gives you is with the servitor/captain there is a chance of an extoic when 3oC's is used.

Rewards for perfected go up to 400LL, the rewards for the other two max out at 390.

Advertisement