Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rise of Iron - Expansion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Cormac... wrote: »
    As far as I saw yesterday it was "Payment taken immediately", which is interesting.

Maybe it's like "We need €30 now instead of €40 later" so they can placate some shareholder rubbish or something

I heard its cause they've only done the concept art and are going to fund the actual development over of the next 13 weeks based on pre-orders. the more people that pay now, the better the download will be.

I did not actually hear this.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

I heard its cause they've only done the concept art and are going to fund the actual development over of the next 13 weeks based on pre-orders. the more people that pay now, the better the download will be.

:D

You should post this on Reddit, the salt mine production would go into overdrive!

Cormac... wrote: »
    Wolves can't bite through metal though

Is this the new "Jet fuel can't melt steel beams"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I cannot wait until I get this tbh, more and more to do in the game and I'll be very happy and I cannot wait for the new raid :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah a new raid is enough to bring me back for sure, wouldn't be bothering with it otherwise. I do like the lore behind the Iron Lords though to be fair.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah a new raid is enough to bring me back for sure, wouldn't be bothering with it otherwise. I do like the lore behind the Iron Lords though to be fair.

Im delighted that they are going to start giving us the background for some things within the game. Its a step in the right direction now...... The new raid should bring plenty of people back. Oh and I have now booked the release day off work :P

Mickeroo wrote: »
    It's already 16 in the tower ain't it?

Forgot about that, but just having a look at the Destiny case, it only mentions 12 players on the back.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,293 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Forgot about that, but just having a look at the Destiny case, it only mentions 12 players on the back.

An 8v8 mode would be great on the big maps, always thought they were wasted on 6v6.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,490 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Couldn't remember the names and ended up getting Jolder, Saladin, Felwinter, Colovance, Nerwin and Tormod.

Jolder's 1, Jolder's 2, Jolder's 3, Gheleon and Timur :pac:

(still have 3 each of Jolder's and Efrideet in my vault)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Ah sure what is so great about the Iron Lords anyway?
    Didn't most of them die and Saladin just stands around the Tower when he visits handing out bounties and selling ****e.

Con artist if you ask me.

200277036-002.jpg?v=1&g=fs1%7C0%7CTSIR%7C70%7C362&s=1

It looks like fun, I'll pick it up at some stage I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

some interesting stuff on reddit at the moment about Rise of Iron,

Interview some guy did with bungie, some nice bullet points at the top if you don't want to watch the video.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4oa6mo/this_video_gives_more_information_then_all_the_e3/

Interesting about infusion system staying as is, which I hope would mean the current set of weapons/armour will be upgradable going foward and not like the Y1/Y2 divide.

This is a good one aswell, comparing past cosmodrome pics to the new environment in ROI. Keen eye's noticed the difference in the colony ship.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4obnbs/spoiler_permanent_changes_to_cosmodrome_and/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

syboit wrote: »
    Interview some guy did with bungie, some nice bullet points at the top if you don't want to watch the video.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/4oa6mo/this_video_gives_more_information_then_all_the_e3/

Interesting about infusion system staying as is, which I hope would mean the current set of weapons/armour will be upgradable going foward and not like the Y1/Y2 divide.

Good aul MoreConsole.

Vault space no longer an issue.
    Actual weather effects.

We'll really get an idea of how much last gen was holding the game back. They admitted that last gen was restricting vault space, which is part of the reason they removed Eris Morns ship from where it was. I have a feeling that RoI is gonna be a massive download. TTK was what? 17Gb?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Ah sure what is so great about the Iron Lords anyway?
    Didn't most of them die and Saladin just stands around the Tower when he visits handing out bounties and selling ****e.

Well if they were really so tough, they'd still be alive,wouldn't they..?

Good aul MoreConsole.

Vault space no longer an issue.
    Actual weather effects.

We'll really get an idea of how much last gen was holding the game back. They admitted that last gen was restricting vault space, which is part of the reason they removed Eris Morns ship from where it was. I have a feeling that RoI is gonna be a massive download. TTK was what? 17Gb?

THink I read 14GB for RoI - but even if the content is smaller than TTK, I can't see it coming in as less than TTK when you are looking at larger areas and higher textures.

Are they doing another stream or anything for E3?

THink I read 14GB for RoI - but even if the content is smaller than TTK, I can't see it coming in as less than TTK when you are looking at larger areas and higher textures.

For 14Gb for an expansion smaller than TTK is huge.

I seriously need to upgrade the HDD on the 4. Had to delete a load of ****e on Tuesday to even download the patch. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Must have been playing on HM with no revives.

Sure when we turned up the vanguard were falling to pieces and the speaker was resigned to defeat vs the darkness.

We have brought humanity back to Venus and Mars, we have taken back old Russia. We have defeated a Vex god, we have defeated a Hive God and his son. We have defeated the kell of kells, twice. We have brought the light back from death - The Iron Lords could barely handle the fecking fallen.

Bunch of jessies.

And STILL the damned vanguard randomly give us something generally crap every so often and order us about.

REVERE US YOU DAMNED INGRATES.

I seriously need to upgrade the HDD on the 4. Had to delete a load of ****e on Tuesday to even download the patch. :eek:

Same here - then i bought the uncharted trilogy collection....:rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Same here - then i bought the uncharted trilogy collection....:rolleyes::pac:

This way lads...
    dudeeile wrote: »
    I installed this recently: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Expansion-Portable-External-Drive/dp/B00TKFEE5S/ref=pd_bxgy_147_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=58WS8N0RT084PJCZNZKC

Maplin and PC World both stock them but they won't beat the Amazon price. You can be gentle when opening the case and use it to house the 500GB you remove.

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote: »
    This way lads...

instructions unclear - house is on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Selling and thus deleting BLOPS 3 has saved me a tonne of space :p

That's my fear. I'll use the neighbors house instead

Fire brigade notified.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I somehow had TLOU installed twice on my HD. Still have enough space on it.
    Keep seeing people say how easy it is to install a HD and just think "Nope, that would never work for me". I'd put everything back together and still have 5-6 bits left outside the box, just know it.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Keep seeing people say how easy it is to install a HD and just think "Nope, that would never work for me". I'd put everything back together and still have 5-6 bits left outside the box, just know it.

It may become a necessity though with a lot of other titles coming soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

gimli2112 wrote: »

You might have had a disc and a download copy installed, unlike the Xbox One download and disc copies are completely seperate files.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,171 ✭✭✭syboit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

It's not the size of download but how they manage content. I don't like comparing games especially since they're completely different. But Blood & Wine for Witcher is 14gb and that packs a lot.

• Advertisement

Well that was an exercise in restraint, I only placed my order last night so hopefully I haven't missed anything...

Advertisement