Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rise of Iron - Expansion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Content...yay

Quicker...yay

Better...yay

Poor quality, riddled with bugs...boo

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I'd rather they didn't allow you infuse Year 2 stuff to Year 3 values 100% right off the bat.

If Year 1 stuff stayed at 170, year 2 stuff at 335 and year 3 stuff at 500(?) for like 3 months it would give better incentive to try the new guns in the game and reduce power creep.

It's just going to be a case of logging in and infusing anything that drops into your fave 3 weapons straight away, unless the give new Raid weapons perks which are intrinsically helpful to actually complete the raid (easier)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cormac... wrote: »
    I'd rather they didn't allow you infuse Year 2 stuff to Year 3 values 100% right off the bat.

If Year 1 stuff stayed at 170, year 2 stuff at 335 and year 3 stuff at 500(?) for like 3 months it would give better incentive to try the new guns in the game and reduce power creep.

It's just going to be a case of logging in and infusing anything that drops into your fave 3 weapons straight away, unless the give new Raid weapons perks which are intrinsically helpful to actually complete the raid (easier)

I believe they left Year One Weapons behind because of the reliance of Burn Primaries (VOC, Fatebringer etc) since they got rid of elementary primaries people don't gravitate to particular weapons and there's a much wider variety in use.

That's why I don't think they'll leave Year 2 weapons behind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

All of the year 2 guns are terrible though so lets hope the year 3 ones are actually fun resulting in us not bothering with our old stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I believe they left Year One Weapons behind because of the reliance of Burn Primaries (VOC, Fatebringer etc) since they got rid of elementary primaries people don't gravitate to particular weapons and there's a much wider variety in use.

I was glad to see the back of the elemental primary days, it just made everything a little easier than it needed to be.

But honestly, I'm using about the same quantity and variety of guns this year as I did last year, some guns rule and some are just favourites. The only area of the game that's completely open to messing about is regular crucible.

emmetkenny wrote: »

Valid point, I guess if you take the raid weapons and burns out the equation then yes, it doesn't make any difference
    AdamD wrote: »
    All of the year 2 guns are terrible though so lets hope the year 3 ones are actually fun resulting in us not bothering with our old stuff.

All the guns? Or just the Kings Fall one? Or all the "End Game" Trials, IB and PoE ones?
    dudeeile wrote: »
    I was glad to see the back of the elemental primary days, it just made everything a little easier than it needed to be.

But honestly, I'm using about the same quantity and variety of guns this year as I did last year, some guns rule and some are just favourites. The only area of the game that's completely open to messing about is regular crucible.

Valid point, I've been using JR, 1KYS, HQT for the bulk of year 2 similar to FB, BH, GH in year 1

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Loads of Year 2 weapons I like - Jade Rabbit, Colovance's Duty, the PDX pulse rifles, Hung Jury, the side arms - no love for any of the heavy weapons. HQT has been used almost exclusively, because the reload perk is great on a heavy weapon.

I would also not be disappointed if you couldn't infuse the year 2 weapons up - I enjoyed finding new weapons to play with in year two.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Hard to find solid info on my inability to pre-order ROI, but I did find one post from a psn community member on one of the help forums and I think I know my problem. Technically, I never bought TDB. Another account shared my ps4 and that account purchased it. I bought everything afterwards. If TDB and HOW still appeared in the Store I might be able to fix this, but now that their gone I'm think I'm screwed. They're like the foundation blocks for TTK, and even though I have TTK, (albeit I bought some sort of expansion pass and l don't know what the difference is), the Store doesn't see me as owning it as I never purchased TDB to purchase TTK!!! So I'm screwed basically. I have to buy TTK to buy ROI. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

PetKing wrote: »
    Hard to find solid info on my inability to pre-order ROI, but I did find one post from a psn community member on one of the help forums and I think I know my problem. Technically, I never bought TDB. Another account shared my ps4 and that account purchased it. I bought everything afterwards. If TDB and HOW still appeared in the Store I might be able to fix this, but now that their gone I'm think I'm screwed. They're like the foundation blocks for TTK, and even though I have TTK, (albeit I bought some sort of expansion pass and l don't know what the difference is), the Store doesn't see me as owning it as I never purchased TDB to purchase TTK!!! So I'm screwed basically. I have to buy TTK to buy ROI. :(

Dude,

Have you tried ordering it through the app on your phone?
    or on the main PS Store webpage on a computer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Dude,

Have you tried ordering it through the app on your phone?
    or on the main PS Store webpage on a computer?

Not going to help.

He can't buy it as he hadn't bought all the DLC himself, it was shared on the PS4. You need the base game and all the DLC to get the new DLC.

Might be worth looking at retail copies which will have taken king.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Varik wrote: »
    Not going to help.

He can't buy it as he hadn't bought all the DLC himself, it was shared on the PS4. You need the base game and all the DLC to get the new DLC.

Tried to do "tale of two guardians" and it wouldn't let me as my second account didn't own TTK.

Might be worth looking at retail copies which will have taken king.

He had bought TTK himself it was TDB he didnt buy. TTK has both HoW and TDB included with it now so that should make no difference at all.

edit: Petking have you tried the Restore Lisences option on the PS4 yet?

jonnycivic wrote:
    edit: Petking have you tried the Restore Lisences option on the PS4 yet?

Yes I've tried restoring licences, but I don't think that's the problem. I think not having a TDB licence is my problem :P

What would a TTK disc do for me? Would the PS4 recognise the disc as a legitimate purchase?

Yes I've tried restoring licences, but I don't think that's the problem. I think not having a TDB licence is my problem :P

What would a TTK disc do for me? Would the PS4 recognise the disc as a legitimate purchase?

Could you not buy a DLC Code for TDB? Maybe email or tweet Bungie and see what they say?

No there is no TTK disc, With the TTK legendary edition you got vanilla disc and download code for TTK which included HoW and TDB.

When you go to the store and look at TTK does it say purchased? (TTK in the store now includes the other 2 packs so you should have access to it all one way or another.

Petking,

A few posts in the wild about this issue so your not alone and they are people who have all the DLC's legit too.

Personally right now I would do the following:

1: Uninstall Destiny
    2: Reinstall Destiny Vanilla only
    3: Go to the TTK pack and download that (This should include both HoW and TDB)
    4: Launch the game, then when you hit the menu etc jump out and close the game.
    5: Try order ROI again and let us know how it goes.

jonnycivic wrote:
    No there is no TTK disc, With the TTK legendary edition you got vanilla disc and download code for TTK which included HoW and TDB.

So I could potentially pickup a pre-owned TTK legendary edition? Would the code only be for once off use? ( I'm slow on these matters :P )
    jonnycivic wrote:
    When you go to the store and look at TTK does it say purchased? (TTK in the store now includes the other 2 packs so you should have access to it all one way or another.

No, I'm allowed to purchase for €34.99

So I could potentially pickup a pre-owned TTK legendary edition? Would the code only be for once off use? ( I'm slow on these matters :P )

No, I'm allowed to purchase for €34.99

Yeah the codes are for one off use so that wouldnt be any good to you.
    If you wanted to go that road you could just buy the Legendary edition for €29.99 in argos at the moment and that would sort it.

I find it hard to see how it is looking for you to buy TTK when you already did tho? If you go to your download list does it have TTK against your account?

jonnycivic wrote:
    1: Uninstall Destiny 2: Reinstall Destiny Vanilla only 3: Go to the TTK pack and download that (This should include both HoW and TDB) 4: Launch the game, then when you hit the menu etc jump out and close the game. 5: Try order ROI again and let us know how it goes.

I'd be sketchy on stage 3 :P
    I bought a "Destiny expansion pass" in advance of TTK's release instead of TTK doc it would seem. This wasn't an intentional move, I remember finding the Store hard to macigate at the time and the one I purchased seemed to allow me play TTK.

After installing vanilla, my worry is that I won't be able to install the TTK pack as with TDB I don't think I've really got it to download again, if that makes sense?

All that said, I genuinely think I'm going to have to bit the bullet and try this I'd the legendary disc can't sort me out.

As far as I know, the Legendary Disc based version of TTK has only the Vanilla Game on Disc and has 3 download codes in the box for TBD, HOW and TTK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

We need to set up a Kickstarting GoFundMe for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'd contribute.

No guardian left behind and all that. Well original ones, maybe not the blow ins.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I'd contribute.

No guardian left behind and all that. Well original ones, maybe not the blow ins.

What's the cutoff point though?

That loan Boardsie in the PS3 clan needs it more than I do tbf! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

What's the cutoff point though?

You had to be there at the beta. Taking 30 minutes plus to kill the Walker outside the Earth Strike with your level 6 gaurdian

That loan Boardsie in the PS3 clan needs it more than I do tbf! :pac:

I was just going to say what about the PS3 guy :)

Cormac... wrote: »
    As far as I know, the Legendary Disc based version of TTK has only the Vanilla Game on Disc and has 3 download codes in the box for TBD, HOW and TTK

Yup vanilla disc and only 1 code for the DLC's and 1 other code for some vanguard weapons :)

I'd be sketchy on stage 3 :P
    I bought a "Destiny expansion pass" in advance of TTK's release instead of TTK doc it would seem. This wasn't an intentional move, I remember finding the Store hard to macigate at the time and the one I purchased seemed to allow me play TTK.

After installing vanilla, my worry is that I won't be able to install the TTK pack as with TDB I don't think I've really got it to download again, if that makes sense?

All that said, I genuinely think I'm going to have to bit the bullet and try this I'd the legendary disc can't sort me out.

The expansion pass was actually for the first 2 DLC's tho was it not? Thats probably where its falling over on you.

You had to be there at the beta. Taking 30 minutes plus to kill the Walker outside the Earth Strike with your level 6 gaurdian

30 minutes? What Beta did you play? I was there of like 2 days

• Advertisement

I could never kill the bloody thing.

Advertisement