Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rise of Iron - Expansion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I could never kill the bloody thing.

We went in with a full fire team and a strategy. Them were the days.

It was the guns you had, sure until the game launched and one of us got the Icebreaker the bosses were a mare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

PetKing wrote: »
    I'd be sketchy on stage 3 :P
    I bought a "Destiny expansion pass" in advance of TTK's release instead of TTK doc it would seem. This wasn't an intentional move, I remember finding the Store hard to macigate at the time and the one I purchased seemed to allow me play TTK.

After installing vanilla, my worry is that I won't be able to install the TTK pack as with TDB I don't think I've really got it to download again, if that makes sense?

All that said, I genuinely think I'm going to have to bit the bullet and try this I'd the legendary disc can't sort me out.

I think you will need to buy the LE. I was playing on Dave's (Fieldog) PS4 for the first year. Then I bought my own PS4 when TTK arrived. I bought the LE which gave me access to all the content.

I still had the same characters from the 1st year as they are tied to Bungie but the LE gave me the LICENSE to play on my PS4.

It is the license you are missing as you mentioned that you were able to play on the PS4 which someone else had purchased the original license for Y1 game ( this is the way I played for Y1 on Dave's Ps4).

So you just need to but the LE to get your own license, as the original license was not yours.

Sorry if this does not make much sense....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Is the licence a one time only thing and tied to one PlayStation? Would a pre-owned copy be invalid and already used?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Is the licence a one time only thing and tied to one PlayStation? Would a pre-owned copy be invalid and already used?

OK i get what Paula is trying to say here, basically if destiny was just the vanilla disc and nothing else then you can pass the disc around to a few people and be able to use it. However when you buy DLC its tied to the account that bought it. (Now paula could have gone and put daves profile on her PS4 and she would have still been able to play TTK without buying it again but thats another story *gamesharing* :P)

So in order to buy Rise of Iron these are the requirements:

Destiny - Base Game

House of Wolves - DLC
    The Dark Below - DLC
    The Taken King - DLC

All the above DLC's have to be purchased on your own account before they become available for you to download.

I think the best bet for you now petking is just go and buy this and it will all be done with:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4442815/Trail/searchtext%3EDESTINY.htm

jonnycivic wrote:
    I think the best bet for you now petking is just go and buy this and it will all be done with:

Screw it all, I'll just hit Argos after work.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Screw it all, I'll just hit Argos after work.

Make sure they have it in stock before you go :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45,952 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I'd wait til closer to the release date of Rise of Iron. You might find they do an "ALL OF DESTINY" bundle for it, that could work out cheaper than buying whatever it is you need to buy and then RoI separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,115 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'd wait til closer to the release date of Rise of Iron. You might find they do an "ALL OF DESTINY" bundle for it, that could work out cheaper than buying whatever it is you need to buy and then RoI separate.

I dont see them selling Vanilla, TDB, HOW, TTK and ROI in a bundle for less than €54.

ROI is going to be €30 and he can get Legendary TTK for €30 in Argos, use the code and sell the disk to CEX for €6.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

Cormac... wrote: »
    30 minutes? What Beta did you play? I was there of like 2 days

Gimli was ahead of the game when it came to cheesing the bosses!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I dont see them selling Vanilla, TDB, HOW, TTK and ROI in a bundle for less than €54.

ROI is going to be €30 and he can get Legendary TTK for €30 in Argos, use the code and sell the disk to CEX for €6.

They'll probably roll the current TTK dlc bundle into the RoI around Christmas, just like they did eventually with rolling TDB and HoW into the TTK purchase.

• Advertisement

They'll probably roll the current TTK dlc bundle into the RoI around Christmas, just like they did eventually with rolling TDB and HoW into the TTK purchase.

But he doesnt get the Iron Horn then :P

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Now paula could have gone and put daves profile on her PS4 and she would have still been able to play TTK without buying it again but thats another story *gamesharing* :P)
    ]

Ah you see we did think of this and it would work alright but then we cannot play Destiny together. It won't work if he is playing at the same time as me so this is why I had to buy my own copy.

PlainP wrote: »
    Ah you see we did think of this and it would work alright but then we cannot play Destiny together. It won't work if he is playing at the same time as me so this is why I had to but my own copy.

You sure? Never had this problem myself game sharing other games. If Fieldog has your PS4 set as his home console you would be able to play any of his digital games/dlc without his account being logged in on that console.

You sure? Never had this problem myself game sharing other games. If Fieldog has your PS4 set as his home console you would be able to play any of his digital games/dlc without his account being logged in on that console.

Yeah this should be the way it is but its been a few years since i done anything like that so they may have changed it.

Just picked up this bad boy today! I am soooooo stoked for this!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Just picked up this bad boy today! I am soooooo stoked for this!! :pac:

With a bit of luck there might be a BL2 disc inside!

Not sure about this tbh. We didn't try digital games. As we wanted to play (Destiny) together we had to buy separate copies of the game.

PlainP wrote: »
    Not sure about this tbh. We didn't try digital games. As we wanted to play (Destiny) together we had to buy separate copies of the game.

Sharing a digital copy like I described usually works. Do it all the time with my brother.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

For what it's worth Petking this would have been my suggestion.

(2 sitting down are jonny and sniper)

Posting for new info from the stream starting now. Will edit post as info is revealed.
    New gjally sparrow, called gjallarwing comes with preorder.
    gjallawing.jpg
    The New Monarchy gear turns your Titan into a chav.

New patrol beacon, marked with SIVA logo, probably similar to the Taken beacons.

Crucible reveal at Gamescom.

No new info revealed except the Gjallarwing sparrow.

• Advertisement

I have to say Im liking the look of the new sparrow :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBnW6JQFPQM

Interesting to see the Praise the Sun emote being done on the gjallarwing - some of that trailer looked very SRL too. Wouldn't it be hilarious if SRL was the 'new' crucible mode!

Interesting to see the Praise the Sun emote being done on the gjallarwing - some of that trailer looked very SRL too. Wouldn't it be hilarious if SRL was the 'new' crucible mode!

I bet SRL will drop right after RoI does.

jonnycivic wrote:
    I bet SRL will drop right after RoI does.

No reason not to keep a unique game mode locked up for so long, not with the game approaching the end of it's lifespan.

No reason not to keep a unique game mode locked up for so long, not with the game approaching the end of it's lifespan.

Yeah I would have thought we should have had round 2 of it around this time then we would get a round 3/permanent srl around about november but looks like they arent putting the effort into it until RoI is done and released :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Meh!

"Meh!

Everything is like that for you lately bar overwatch :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Everything is like that for you lately bar overwatch :P

You don't get to talk about her like that!!! :mad:

You don't get to talk about her like that!!! :mad:

Oh she lets me talk like that about her cos I still havent played much so she wants me back :P

• Advertisement

Meh!

Totally with you if that is aimed at the Gjallarwing - couldn't care less about it. A skin for the Gjallarhorn is no more enticing either. Neither pre-order bonus are of any impact for me.

I'm still looking forward to the expansion though - you'd better be taking the day off for it - you're the one that shouted 'TRADITION' at me:p:D

Advertisement