Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rise of Iron - Expansion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,675 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Yeah I would have thought we should have had round 2 of it around this time then we would get a round 3/permanent srl around about november but looks like they arent putting the effort into it until RoI is done and released :(

I thought they would drop it again on Bungie day.

If custom matches come with RoI, as so many are speculating, I reckon SRL could be an option within that, rather than it being an event itself again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Totally with you if that is aimed at the Gjallarwing - couldn't care less about it. A skin for the Gjallarhorn is no more enticing either. Neither pre-order bonus are of any impact for me.

I'm still looking forward to the expansion though - you'd better be taking the day off for it - you're the one that shouted 'TRADITION' at me:p:D

Do ppl evn still play dis game?

yes I'll take the day off, yes it was aimed at the stream and the sparrow obviously

I wonder if the RoI raid will have any PvP themed mechanics - such as capturing and controlling a point (or points) on the map, or delivering an artifact to a point similar to Rift. Would like to see the Iron Banner training/exercise lore explanation driven home in the Raid, to some extent. Show WHY Shaxx has been 'training' us in these specific ways, rather than as a standard army would train.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

I like the sound of the new Artifacts in the coming expansion. It will certainly mix things up a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Here is the summary of the GI article that is currently on the Reddit mega thread
    • Max level of 385 - then 400 for HM Raid (Wrath of the Machine)
    • Sept. 23 raid launch date
    • 8 new class-agnostic artifacts that allow for special buffs to characters
      1. Memory of Radeghast: adds a new ability for sword heavy weapons to reflect projectiles, including ogre blasts and crucible rockets.
      2. Memory of Perun: adds ability to highlight guardians with full super in yellow, and guardians with low health in red.
      3. Memory of Jolder: removes sprint cooldown
      4. Memory of Silmar: dramatically reduces any damage dealt by DoT effects (such as Thorn poison).
      5. Memory of Felwinter: lose your super, but gain an extra grenade and melee, and boost to all stats.
      6. Memory of Gheleon: gain detailed radar at all times, including when aiming a primary (grants precision radar and third eye).
      7. Memory of Skorri: speeds super recharge for all nearby allies.
      8. Memory of Timur: Melee an enemy for a chance to make them an ally for a short time.
    • Adding more cosmetic adjustments for armor AND weapons
    • The Iron Lord armor set will come from a Rise of Iron Record Book
    • IB reinvented, 4 new maps. No more tempered, less rep needed overall. No more rep bonuses from gear.
    • IB - each bounty completed will reward you with an IB weapon or armor piece
    • Radiant Treasures: Confirmed Microtransactions for Ornaments. Radiant Treasures seem to be the new version of Sterling Treasure. Obtainable on a weekly basis for completing goals and then also through Eververse.
    • Bungie HINTS AT CUSTOM MATCHES, aka the feature "Our community has been clammoring for."
    • New Faction (NM, FWC, DO) armor sets, sparrows, ghost shells.
    • Thorn is getting a quest to obtain it, just like Gjallarhorn.
    • The Kvostov 7G-0X is a new exotic auto rifle with a fire mode selector. It can basically be a scout, pulse, Suros Regime, or bullet hose. Also acquired from a quest.
    • Sepiks prime is back as Sepiks Perfected . And The Summoning Pits will be the Abomination Heist .
    • Festival of Light returning in October
    • SRL Back in December
    • SRL/MoT type book to track progress of ROI
    • New Cruicible mode - "Supremacy" - kill enemies to make them drop a crest. Your team only scores if someone (you or a teammate) picks up that crest. Enemy team members can also pick up the crest to deny your score, but they won’t gain any points themselves.
    • "Archon's Forge" - basically new Court of Oryx. They have adjusted the summoned encounters to last longer --"around five minutes" and the drops used to summon the various possible difficulties come from Patrol.
    • PS Exlusive Map - Finally, this year’s PlayStation exclusive map is Icarus, a solar-collection site on Mercury. The arena is the raised structure at the center of the much larger crater-like array. Its circular shape inevitably funnels into furious conflagrations at the center.
    • When Speaking on Exotics, "These Include the long- awaited arrival of Warlock exotic boots (finally!), a new sidearm reminiscent of the classic RoboCop gun, and a SIVA-themed pulse rifle that blossoms out a cloud of seeking energy for a successful precision kill."
    • every class item that has ever shown up in Destiny is returning to circulation with the exception of items from previous raids
    • Class Items can change color via shader
    • All Year Two weapons and armor can be infused to Rise Of Iron stats
    • There are quest lines after the main story missions leading up to the new strikes
    • Skeleton Keys are rewards from completing strikes whether it be a nightfall, playlist or just chosen from the director and Strike Hoard chests are chest that appear at the end of any strike where you can use the Skeleton key to get a guaranteed piece of strike specific loot.

• Advertisement

Guess I'll grab my P45 so :o

Where are ye getting the info on the actual amount of content? 5 missions etc?

Cormac... wrote: »
    Where are ye getting the info on the actual amount of content? 5 missions etc?

Games Informer has a 16 page spread on RoI in their September issue, which was released digitally yesterday. Reddit/DestinyTheGame has a megathread of people posting the info from the digital version. Planet Destiny, TeftyTeft, Gothalion etc have confirmed the same details.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

If the Robocop gun sounds like the Robocop gun that's all I'm using.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    If the Robocop gun sounds like the Robocop gun that's all I'm using.

And we will call you RoboGims :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

So, off the bat, we will have a quest for Gjallarhorn 2.0, Thorn 2.0 and Kvostov 2.0. Of those 3, I'd be more interested in Kvostov, simply because we know how Gally and Thorn behave. Will Kvostov actually be of use? Will it be a gimmick like NLB. Will any of the different fire modes offer something unique?

The new PvP mode Supremacy? For me it's a wait and see. What's the time limit? Score Limit? Big map or small? Juggernaut Titan Shotgunners to the fore, again.

The Exotic Robocop Sidearm and Siva Pulse sound interesting. Again it's a wait and see. Will Robosidearm be another Dregs Promise? Will it have Rangefinder as standard?

IB bounties rewarding Armour and/or Weapons. I assume this will only be applicable to the weeklies.

Festival of the lost? Meh.
    SRL? It was fun and a nice change of pace.

Games Informer has a 16 page spread on RoI in their September issue, which was released digitally yesterday. Reddit/DestinyTheGame has a megathread of people posting the info from the digital version. Planet Destiny, TeftyTeft, Gothalion etc have confirmed the same details.

hammy...... taking a day off for 5 missions and a strike and some quests :/

hammy...... taking a day off for 5 missions and a strike and some quests :/

Looks to be a similar amount of content to The Taken King.

5 missions - minimum 3 exotic quests (might be more missions, as there were a lot more than the 8 campaign missions in TTK.

A Raid.

New Prison of Elders type mode.

New Crucible maps and a new mode - and I reckon Custom Games will be announced at GamesCon, i'll be shocked if it isn't.

I think Destiny will get a MASSIVE shot in the arm off this update.

I've taken the week off, but I've taken fook all time off over the rest of the year so I have to take it at some point.

Any info on the Ornaments? Will they be similar to the ornaments in Warhammer:AR? Purely cosmetic I assume too.

There was about 14+ Missions in the Taken King if you count Act 2 and the Petra/Variks stuff

The Raid ain't dropping on the 20th though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Will it be a gimmick like NLB.

NLB is no gimmick, I've been wrecked by it enough times, if you can use that gun then fair dues, I've spent my times with it in PvE when I had my two sniper thing going but could never use it effectively.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

There was about 14+ Missions in the Taken King if you count Act 2 and the Petra/Variks stuff

The normal mode raid is dropping on the 20th tho? Its just hard mode coming at a later stage.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    The normal mode raid is dropping on the 20th tho? Its just hard mode coming at a later stage.

Nope. NM Raid will drop 23rd, and HM will drop couple weeks later.

We don't know the detail of the 5 campaign missions - could be similar to taken king in structure - 5 missions to open complete to open the raid (dropping on 23rd) and then act 2 stuff after. Maybe there'll be nothing like that, but we don't know yet.

Any info on the Ornaments? Will they be similar to the ornaments in Warhammer:AR? Purely cosmetic I assume too.

The article, apparently, states use of ornaments turned a relatively standard looking weapon into a golden age inspired sleeper simulant style weapon. I would imagine the changes are indeed cosmetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

dudeeile wrote: »
    NLB is no gimmick, I've been wrecked by it enough times, if you can use that gun then fair dues, I've spent my times with it in PvE when I had my two sniper thing going but could never use it effectively.

Double sniper Crota run this week - seems only logical that Black hammer would drop after doing that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

nevelator wrote: »
    Double sniper Crota run this week - seems only logical that Black hammer would drop after doing that?

It does sound tempting but I can barely hear it over the sound of machine guns heading through the abyss.

I think the remainder of the raid is doable with just snipers so I'm willing to give it a go, normal mode that is.

nevelator wrote: »
    Sept. 23 raid launch date

I can only go off the information I'm given

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

You shouldn't bother with NLB in PvE, its purely designed for PvP, like TLW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

AdamD wrote: »
    You shouldn't bother with NLB in PvE, its purely designed for PvP, like TLW.

That's how we run with raid challenges. Go hard or go home.

More RoI hype...

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2016/08/03/whats-new-in-destiny-rise-of-irons-gameplay.aspx

Video interview on the expansion - bigger than HoW.

at 2:13 in the vid....
    FALLEN INVADING BANNERFALL MAP.... which means FALLEN DIRECTLY ACTING THE TOWER!

HHHHHHHYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEE

• Registered Users Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

So when are they likely to drop the exotic armor that was previewed with the TTk, sometime around March or July next year? :rolleyes:

So when are they likely to drop the exotic armor that was previewed with the TTk, sometime around March or July next year? :rolleyes:

I won't turn the fecking game off til i have my robocop sidearm.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Anyone know if a physical copy of Rise of Iron has been discussed? I'd rather get a physical copy that a digital download.

• Advertisement

Anyone know if a physical copy of Rise of Iron has been discussed? I'd rather get a physical copy that a digital download.

The physical copy will be exactly like the taken king. Vanilla destiny on disc and the rest are codes for the expansion packs.

Advertisement