Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I fix this with and LCD replacement, or is it the graphics chip?

Options
  • 20-05-2016 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi there, my phone fell in water, I got it out immediately, did the rice thing a few hours later.. saw no hope for it but I tried it there again a few days ago and its working, but I am getting these tares, of white lines down the screen.

I have attached photo.

Just wondering I see lcd replacements for this phones model online, but will it actually fix this problem, or is it to do with a different piece of hardware in the phone ? Like this graphics card or something instead?

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It depends on the phone. A replacement display will work but some phone's make it so difficult to replace.

I did a replacement on a one plus one for a broken screen. I followed a YouTube breakdown which read a mistake because as a result I broke the power switch connector when ask it needed was to smash off the broken display, unplug it and stuck in the new one which would have taken 30 seconds instead of the two hours dismantling.

Ultimately though there may be other water damage which could manifest itself later

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Adren

Sweet. I might give it a go.. for the sake of 30 quid.. Don't think I can get a genuine HTC screen, but should be ok anyways.

Advertisement