Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budvar on tap and deals on certain days of the week?

Options
  • 20-05-2016 12:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Hi

Anyone know a place in Dublin that serves Budvar on tap? I mostly see it in bottle. Cassidy's used to serve it on tap but have resulted to bottles.

Also, any good deals for ppints like Heineken of Budweiser? Like "today €4.00 whatever for a pint. Not big into these new brewed beers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

misscpmfan wrote: »
    Hi
    Also, any good deals for ppints like Heineken of Budweiser? Like "today €4.00 whatever for a pint. Not big into these new brewed beers.

Hi the thread "Good Drink Bargain Alerts!" is covering that topic

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056307978

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Anyone know a place in Dublin that serves Budvar on tap?
    The Galway Bay bars tend to have it.
    any good deals for ppints like Heineken of Budweiser?
    You rarely see offers on leading-brand beers like this. The brewers don't want them to be seen as cheap options -- that's what the likes of Tuborg and Tennents are for, even though the liquid is nearly indistinguishable.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭yknaa

Hi

Anyone know a place in Dublin that serves Budvar on tap? I mostly see it in bottle. Cassidy's used to serve it on tap but have resulted to bottles.

Not sure how up to date this is but it might be handy
    http://publin.ie/2011/this-weeks-deals/

• Registered Users Posts: 68,788 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Wetherspoons occasionally have Budweiser incredibly cheap - was 1.95 a weekend or two ago. Other than that you're looking at places that do general day long promotions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭misscpmfan

L1011 wrote: »
    Wetherspoons occasionally have Budweiser incredibly cheap - was 1.95 a weekend or two ago. Other than that you're looking at places that do general day long promotions.

Really? That is incredible. Where is this pub? is it in the city centre?

• Advertisement

Really? That is incredible. Where is this pub? is it in the city centre?

Not yet. One in Blanch, one in Swords, one in Blackrock, one in Dun Laoghaire and one in Cork so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭misscpmfan

Not yet. One in Blanch, one in Swords, one in Blackrock, one in Dun Laoghaire and one in Cork so far.

Why the hell is the Budvar so cheap? Budvar is always expensive, unless you are in Germany. It was like €3.50 there

Why the hell is the Budvar so cheap? Budvar is always expensive, unless you are in Germany. It was like €3.50 there

It was (and I said) Budweiser, the American stuff contract brewed here.

It was (and I said) Budweiser, the American stuff contract brewed here.
    If it was Wetherspoon it'll most likely be the version brewed by A-B InBev in the UK: 5% ABV rather than the 4.3% of Diageo Ireland's Budweiser.

BeerNut wrote: »
    If it was Wetherspoon it'll most likely be the version brewed by A-B InBev in the UK: 5% ABV rather than the 4.3% of Diageo Ireland's Budweiser.

The menu seems to suggest its the 4.3% - the other imported stuff is correct (3.8% Carlsberg for instance) but that doesn't mean this is correct.

Most of the lagers give the brewers HQ location with only Heineken stating it is actually Dutch made

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,552 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Hi

O'reilly's under Tara St station is only €4 a pint (all beers) also for anyone in the swords area the Lord mayors do a beer of the week for €4, last week was bud.

The menu seems to suggest its the 4.3% - the other imported stuff is correct (3.8% Carlsberg for instance) but that doesn't mean this is correct.
    If it's bottled I suppose they could be buying from an Irish wholesaler, but I'd be very surprised if Budweiser was an exception to Diageo Ireland's refusal to supply draught beer to JDW.

BeerNut wrote: »
    If it's bottled I suppose they could be buying from an Irish wholesaler, but I'd be very surprised if Budweiser was an exception to Diageo Ireland's refusal to supply draught beer to JDW.

It was definitely draught, however that doesn't stop them having and quoting the % from the bottles on their website (or just being wrong)

Never drunk it and the staff aren't likely to know either!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

The menu seems to suggest its the 4.3%
    Was this a printed menu or just written?

I would have thought it was the 5% too and could be a mistake, people checking it on a can or something. On kegs it is often just listed on the plastic cap on them.

I was looking at some sign painting website and they featured some pub which they had painted guinness wrongly at 4.3%, it is 4.2% here, strangley it is 4.1% in wetherspoons.

I would also recommend www.publin.ie to the OP, the bargain alerts thread is more for off sales. Diceys garden in the city centre are still doing €2 drinks some nights, including usually pricey pints of paulaner

even today its €2 until 10pm, very good price for a friday.
    https://twitter.com/diceysgarden
    Dicey's Garden ‏@DiceysGarden 1h1 hour ago
    €2 pints & bottles until 10pm every Friday! No booking reqd. Doors 4pm. ♥

Website for the Blanch one, still viewable now

rubadub wrote: »
    strangley it is 4.1% in wetherspoons.
    That's the UK strength, on the bottles of "Guinness Original" at least.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Hogans in George's Street have Budvar on draught.

Advertisement