Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie needs help with first Vape?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Just be aware, the new Nautilus X is bout to hit the shelves, might want to wait for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 colmsimons20

Sorry for the bombardment of links but this set up is what I would recommend (delivery takes about 2/3 working days).

Tank - Aspire Nautilus - [

Replacement coils for the Nautilus: [

Battery - Eleaf iStick TC40W - [

Buy 2/3 coils at first and see how long each last, every coil has different lasting times! Great MTL kit.
    Both the tank and battery are 510 connection so no problems :)[/quote

It seems my local store has all that in stock besides the Nautilus. So im heading down there to pick it all up right now. Would the kanger CLTank 2.0 be of any good with the 40tc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

Sorry for the bombardment of links but this set up is what I would recommend (delivery takes about 2/3 working days).

Tank - Aspire Nautilus - [

Replacement coils for the Nautilus: [

Battery - Eleaf iStick TC40W - [

Buy 2/3 coils at first and see how long each last, every coil has different lasting times! Great MTL kit.
    Both the tank and battery are 510 connection so no problems :)[/quote

It seems my local store has all that in stock besides the Nautilus. So im heading down there to pick it all up right now. Would the kanger CLTank 2.0 be of any good with the 40tc?

The kanger CLTank 2.0,only has ni200 & SS coil with it,you can use the SS with power mode & the Ni200 will work on the cuboid or istick 40w in Temperature Control(TC).
    It does direct lung & MTL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6HSjTo0gSU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR6an2E5GF0

The CLTank is more aimed at straight to lung inhalers. The Kanger Aerotank would be better for MTL, or something like the Ego one tank, and you'll want 1 - 1.5ohm coils, and run them between 15 - 22w. When you see coils at 0.5ohm or below, they're more suited to lung inhales, and 30w+

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

I would leave that tank for a bit, try and find something a little less fancy. As TheCage has said, that specific tank is more suited to straight to lung vaping.

Instead of the Nautilus, I would look more towards a GS-air or something along those lines. With the GS-air, you have an airflow control screw and depending on what air flow you like best, you can just loosen or tighten the little screw at the base of the tank. Just remember if you like a loose vape, You're more prone to a little leaking if the screw is to loose.

If the store has the GS-air, they will have replacement coils in-store.

If that fails in regards to the GS-air, ask the people behind the counter - make sure they give you the run down on refilling and changing the coil etc.. before buying a tank.

Let us know how you get on :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

Another one for GS Air for MTL - forgot I had 2 actually .... from all the playing with the Cubis and the AIO.

Must drag it out now....

The GS Air M has a good capacity and is cheap as chips. Mine cost about 14 euro.

Turns out they were out on the 40TC but they'll have it in stock sometime today. Due to unexpected bills I won't be able to purchase it just yet, which is a real bummer as I was so excited about it. Thank you to anyone who replied and helped me out. I didnt think forums were so useful. Im sure to stick around!

Due to unexpected bills I won't be able to purchase it just yet, which is a real bummer

Get used to that feeling, I get it every week. I don't know why I torture myself looking up reviews on stuff I can't afford all the time :D

Since I'm stuck with the Liqua Q for the next while I was wondering if anyone could figure out if its 510 threading? There is NO information about the clearomizers thread anywhere online or even in my user booklet. Quite stuck.

This shows you the difference. There's really only 2 types, used to be a few more [910, 801, RN408 ... ] so it's pretty simple nowadays. It'll either be a 510 to 510, or Ego-style. The simple difference is your standard 510 has a protruding pin, that screws into a standard 510 mod. Where a tank with an ego style threading, where the threads are internal on the tank, you'll need a 510 adapter for most mods. It'll fit ego type batteries without.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I picked up an AIO for the wife. I was really impressed at how good the vape is off it, better flavour and vapour than a nautilus and much cheaper/easier to use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭jno547

I picked up an AIO for the wife. I was really impressed at how good the vape is off it, better flavour and vapour than a nautilus and much cheaper/easier to use.

Have been toying with the idea of getting one of these to bring on the holiers,save space with no batteries,charger etc,are they as good as people say? Can it vape direct to lung or mouth to lung only? Which coils perform best in it?
    All of this has probably been asked before but I'm a lazy git and haven't the energy to scroll back so any info is greatly appreciated from users. :):)

jno547 wrote: »
    Have been toying with the idea of getting one of these to bring on the holiers,save space with no batteries,charger etc,are they as good as people say? Can it vape direct to lung or mouth to lung only? Which coils perform best in it?
    All of this has probably been asked before but I'm a lazy git and haven't the energy to scroll back so any info is greatly appreciated from users. :):)

It's a fairly loose mtl, or tightish lung hit.
    I've tried it with the stock coil (0.6) and the 1.5 Clapton which are both mtl. The stock coil is lovely, the Clapton is dissappointing.
    Joyetech also do a 1.0 and a 0.5 and a rebuildable, but I haven't tried them.

For ease of use, it can't be beat. Fill up, power on and vape - no settings to play with. The flavour and vapour are very good. It handles my 70vg liquid absolutely fine.

When you fill it, the pressure pushes the liquid into the coil, so the first couple of pulls are a bit liquidy, but it's less of an issue than in the Cubis. The mouthpiece has a spiral in it that takes care of spitback.

The only downside I can see is that the lack of display means it's hard to know when the battery is dying. The flashing led in the tank is supposed to let you know, but in daylight it's not visible.

All in all, it's a great spare/out'n'about vape.

j26m wrote: »

All in all, it's a great spare/out'n'about vape.

Exactly what I'm after,thanks for the info.

Exactly what I'm after,thanks for the info.

Oh, the fill level on the black one is almost invisible in real world use. You will probably have to score it with a knife or use a sticker or something to give you a visible mark.

Oh, the fill level on the black one is almost invisible in real world use. You will probably have to score it with a knife or use a sticker or something to give you a visible mark.

Was thinking of a 2 tone where the fill line is visible at the inter section of the colours. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Watch out, some of them have a tendency to overheat, take it back and get a replacement as the majority of them seem to work fine .

I have the Cubis tank, which is very similar. Even with the 0.5 ss coils I find it too tight, not airy enough for my liking. Can see the AIO as being ideal for a carry about though. You won't be too concerned about losing it, and it'll give a decent vape for that purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭was.deevey

Also another big newbie question but do you still need to change the coils when it comes to box mods?

If you aren't using a rebuildable tank - yes, most definitely, it'll depend on your juice how long you get out of one.

Personally I'd highly recommend getting a cheap dripper atomizer just to get used to fitting and building coils. It'll come in handy for testing flavors anyhow :)

In the future you can look at a tank you can build coils for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

I've filled it a good bit past the line and it still works perfectly.

Might take a bit of experimenting to figure out the REAL max fill level, but you can definitely go over the line. Check this image - you can see there's only a tiny air bubble left at the top, still vaped grand.

imgur.com/Z4AoBWn.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Anyone else finding the coils in the AIO burning fairly quickly?

I have 2 on the go and they're starting to taste burnt now, it's been a week since I replaced them.

I got a week at least put of my gs air and I was just using that.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭AthAnRi

lenoude wrote: »

I have 2 on the go and they're starting to taste burnt now, it's been a week since I replaced them.

Yes I do too, I vape it quit a lot and I get 2-3 days out of device. Other devices are at least a week and counting. At a similar vape rate.

That sucks baws then. I've had the same coil in tanks for over 2 weeks and they were still performing good.

Is it possible to use the Cubis coils in the AIO..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I've had the same first coil in the AIO since I got it, like 6+ weeks ago.

That said, it only gets used once, maybe twice a day.

Is it possible to use the Cubis coils in the AIO..

Appaarently people are using them.

Would that make a difference?

lenoude wrote:

I did a few searches on this and yes the full range of Cubis coils work and also the Cubis rba so plenty of options there.
    If you tend to use a high VG juice or a sweet juice it will waste your stock coil very quickly although probably not as fast as you say however the 0.6 coil is getting good reviews so it is always possible that you may have coils from a bad batch which can happen from time to time.
    If you have another coil try it and see does it last a bit longer.

I did a few searches on this and yes the full range of Cubis coils work and also the Cubis rba so plenty of options there.
    If you tend to use a high VG juice or a sweet juice it will waste your stock coil very quickly although probably not as fast as you say however the 0.6 coil is getting good reviews so it is always possible that you may have coils from a bad batch which can happen from time to time.
    If you have another coil try it and see does it last a bit longer.

Yeah I'd be using the Hangsen 100% VG liquids , well so they say.
    Funny you say that, the first coil from the packet that I put on, when I was screwing the coil and cap back onto the battery the bottom of the coil just fell off.

Didn't fill me with confidence 😂

I've filled it a good bit past the line and it still works perfectly.

Might take a bit of experimenting to figure out the REAL max fill level, but you can definitely go over the line. Check this image - you can see there's only a tiny air bubble left at the top, still vaped grand.

imgur.com/Z4AoBWn.jpg

Cool. I must try it and put in some new notches :)

I use mine about half the time and I'm still on the coils that came with it, over three weeks on.
    Appaarently people are using them.

I tried the 1.5 Clapton coil for the Cubis, and it worked. I wasn't happy with the outcome, but it did work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I would think the AIO is too weak for the 1.5 coils. I got some 1 ohms for it and it's a bit anaemic, the 0.6 were much better. It's unregulated. I was the draw was a bit tighter too, it'd be perfect then.

Advertisement