Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 7 Fatal Error Repair

• 20-05-2016 12:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

Hi I have an all in one PC that is throwing a
    Stop: c000021a fatal system error at boot,
    The following didn't work, auto repair, safe mode, system restore, no option to recover the OS without factory restore built in,
    I cannot afford to factory reset this as the system is for a till and an account system that was bought but out of support therefore I want to do everything possible to somehow repair the OS without loosing the programs. I have the data btu wont be able to reconfigure the system.
    I have made a clone of the HDD so I can mess around with the clone and make another if necessary.
    The OS according to the sticker is 7 Home Premium OEM, I have had a go at upgrading using a pro disk but wont run as the last boot failed, is there a way around that ? I am currently downloading a 7 Home disk to try and run the repair but I am not to hopeful on that.
    Any other suggestions ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

bennyc wrote: »
    Hi I have an all in one PC that is throwing a
    Stop: c000021a fatal system error at boot,
    The following didn't work, auto repair, safe mode, system restore, no option to recover the OS without factory restore built in,
    I cannot afford to factory reset this as the system is for a till and an account system that was bought but out of support therefore I want to do everything possible to somehow repair the OS without loosing the programs. I have the data btu wont be able to reconfigure the system.
    I have made a clone of the HDD so I can mess around with the clone and make another if necessary.
    The OS according to the sticker is 7 Home Premium OEM, I have had a go at upgrading using a pro disk but wont run as the last boot failed, is there a way around that ? I am currently downloading a 7 Home disk to try and run the repair but I am not to hopeful on that.
    Any other suggestions ?
    Have you tried last known good configuration after pressing F8? This should work as the problem you have is corrupt start up files at boot up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Try running SFC /scannow too. You can run it on a secondary disk (depending on how you cloned your drive).
    http://superuser.com/questions/869094/how-to-run-a-system-file-check-on-an-external-hd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭cunnijo

See the link below with a suggested solution from Microsoft. It also details the potential causes.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-screen-error-c000021a-fatal-system-error/549075f8-f695-4047-b747-2b4e118e1ffd?auth=1

Advertisement