Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a new laptop (Self-Build or ready-made?)

Options
  • 20-05-2016 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey,

So my current laptop is a bit of a jock and I need a new one tbh. My max budget is probably 1,000-1,500 (Thanks to a fine season from Leicester City :p). I was just wondering what some of the best bang for my buck is out there in terms of store bought or self-build as this will be just about the most money I've ever spent on anything and I've had a good look around but it's a little mind boggling tbh.

I asked a mate and he said self-building a desktop (he has a self-build) would be a better plan but that's not an option for me because I need it for college and I'm always moving so it needs to be portable! Any opinions/knowledge is appreciated. Especially on exactly what parts would be best for the self-build.

Thanks
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

What is the laptop going to be used for?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NiallT92

Gaming mostly and College work. Currently only playing football manager but would definitely expand my gaming range if my laptop wasn't so poor :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NiallT92

Just realised I'm in the wrong spot for this thread. Sorry :(

Advertisement