Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CNV1_001 completion date?

Options
  • 20-05-2016 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Just looking to enquire on when this cabinet (CNV1_001) is expected to be completed?
    I'm asking because, since yesterday, the time frame on the Eir map has switched between 'Within 6 weeks' and 'Within 6 months' at least 8 times by my count.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

PaulRyan97 wrote: »
    Just looking to enquire on when this cabinet (CNV1_001) is expected to be completed?
    I'm asking because, since yesterday, the time frame on the Eir map has switched between 'Within 6 weeks' and 'Within 6 months' at least 8 times by my count.
    Hi PaulRyan97,

Thanks for getting in touch. According to our latest NGA development plan we have planned to have this cabinet active by the end of summer 2016 however unfortunately the dates we provide on-line are estimated and we would be unable to guarantee a date as the time taken to upgrade the line to efibre will vary depending on the level of work involved and whether consents from road and planning authorities and private landowners are necessary.

Feel free to check back us in a few weeks and we can check this again.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PaulRyan97

Any update on this? It's been saying within 6 weeks for the past 2 months.

Any update on this? It's been saying within 6 weeks for the past 2 months.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]PaulRyan97,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have checked the latest deployment plan and the cabinet has landed and been commissioned. We are waiting on it to be energised, once it is energised the cabinet should be up and running. The current timeframe on this cabinet is 3-6 months. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PaulRyan97

3-6 months? It's been in the 'completion stages' since last August. It surely wouldn't take that long for an electrical supply to be brought to it.
    If your own numbers are showing it won't be finished for that long than perhaps it's best you update the website accordingly. And inform all your local sales reps, who have been pestering me for 10 months now, that the cabinet will not be live until Winter 2016 and to stop urging people to sign up with the promise of immediate fibre.

3-6 months? It's been in the 'completion stages' since last August. It surely wouldn't take that long for an electrical supply to be brought to it.
    If your own numbers are showing it won't be finished for that long than perhaps it's best you update the website accordingly. And inform all your local sales reps, who have been pestering me for 10 months now, that the cabinet will not be live until Winter 2016 and to stop urging people to sign up with the promise of immediate fibre.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]This is an estimate [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]PaulRyan97,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] this can change and be ready much sooner.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for your feedback, I'll pass this on.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Advertisement
Advertisement