Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Workshop

Options
  • 20-05-2016 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

I was hoping to find a public workshop in Dublin city centre where one could do some carpentry and DIY with tools available on location. Would such a place exist in Dublin? So far I have found Men's Sheds, but I was wondering what further options there are.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,637 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i would imagine the public liability insurance on letting people use a public workshop with tools provided would be colossal.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Seb83

I thought about that, but with the correct supervision it may not be as bad. These public workshops appear to exist in other sue-happy countries like the US

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

There's TOG (which also has its own forum on here) but I don't know how much woodworking they do. There's MensSheds.ie as well, but it might not be exactly what you're looking for. Both worth taking a peek though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

menssheds.ie was the fist thing I thought of as well.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

You would have to sell 3 kidneys to pay for workshop insurance that has the words..

woodwork and sharp pointy things associated with it....let alone machinery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Seb83

Thanks folks, I've emailed mens sheds and I'll see what they have.

Advertisement