Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Alpine meet

Options
  • 20-05-2016 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello hello,

Thinking of heading to the mountaineering Ireland summer meet in the Aosta valley, Italy. Would people recommend these meets and the courses, as i am interested in taking one.
    Unfortunetly anyone I hike with doesn't have the level or time to go, so if anyone is Looking for another person for one of the mountaineering courses, I'll be loud, ignorant and happy to join in.

Thanks folks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Have never been on a meet but have done a course and regularly climb with guides/guiding companies in the Alps. Like you most of my usual outdoor partners are regular hikers here but only one or two will be dependable/willing/able for what the alps offer. If I can't arrange more than a few days with one of them I'll go on a weeks guided climbing there. A look at the likes of Icicle or ISM will give you an idea of whats on offer. I think I'd prefer a goal orientated week rather than a meet, that's just me though maybe! Go for it whatever you decide, alpine climbing is a fantastic experience!

Advertisement