Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite salon brand hair products

• 20-05-2016 4:51pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I feel like I'm on an endless quest for the best shampoo and conditioner :mad:. I have highlighted hair, greasy at the root and straw-like in the lengths. For a few years, I used Tigi and I was happy enough, but it wasn't great. I tried Redken, but the one they sold me wasn't in the slightest bit conditioning. I asked at a salon supply shop here in Canada, and they had a fairly poor opinion of Redken :confused:. Since then, I have tried Pureology and Loma and I haven't been overly impressed with either.

After seeing it mentioned here, I am currently using Joico K-Pak, which is great but I'm not sure how it would fair with long-term use? I use the shampoo and conditioner normally, then I'll use the extra steps about once a week. I'm thinking of trying their Colour Safe line, but the sulfate-free versions have poor reviews! I'm also wondering about Aveda.

I'm so confused. What's your favourite salon brand? Should I try

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 357 ✭✭makingmecrazy

I love Redken, use it all the time(can't understand why they had a poor opinion unless their salon pushes a different range ;))
    I have similar hair type to yours and swear by Redken All soft conditioner(the mask as well about twice a week) and Redken Blonde Idol Sulphate free Shampoo.
    I also use the Revlon Uniq 1 as a leave in when drying to fight the frizz :)

http://ie.strawberrynet.com/haircare/redken/all-soft-conditioner--for-dry-/88342/#DETAIL

http://ie.strawberrynet.com/haircare/redken/blonde-idol-sulfate-free-shampoo/173109/#DETAIL

http://ie.strawberrynet.com/haircare/redken/blonde-idol-sulfate-free-shampoo/173109/#DETAIL

Just to say, I have used almost all salon brands incl Kerastase, Paul Mitchell, TiGi and dont rate any of them to be as good as Redken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭SarahMollie

Its Redken for me too. I adore their "all soft" range. I now actively avoid salons who use that Joico stuff - my hair was always in tangles the few times I had it used on me.

I do like to mix up my shampoos from time to time anyhow, but I love going back to Redken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Another vote for Redken blonde idol shampoo. This and a kerastesse mask left on for ten mins twice weekly has my highlighted hair in the best condition it's been in for years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Philip Kingsley. Amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭paulers06

Faith wrote: »
    After seeing it mentioned here, I am currently using Joico K-Pak, which is great but I'm not sure how it would fair with long-term use?

I had very brittle, tangly hair. I used the K-Pak for months and it didn't do much for my hair. I changed to the Moisture range about a year ago and find it brilliant.

http://www.lookfantastic.com/brands/joico/joico-shop-by-range/joico-moisture-recovery.list?widget_id=94184

I have coloured hair too and it works well with it. Joico doesn't cost a fortune either which is also great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Also the kerstase mask (Bain therapie range) and the elastizer from P.K --
    Amazing treatments! Use both just once a week. Wasn't mad on the kerstase shampoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭LinF

Faith wrote: »
    I feel like I'm on an endless quest for the best shampoo and conditioner :mad:. I have highlighted hair, greasy at the root and straw-like in the lengths. For a few years, I used Tigi and I was happy enough, but it wasn't great. I tried Redken, but the one they sold me wasn't in the slightest bit conditioning. I asked at a salon supply shop here in Canada, and they had a fairly poor opinion of Redken :confused:. Since then, I have tried Pureology and Loma and I haven't been overly impressed with either.

After seeing it mentioned here, I am currently using Joico K-Pak, which is great but I'm not sure how it would fair with long-term use? I use the shampoo and conditioner normally, then I'll use the extra steps about once a week. I'm thinking of trying their Colour Safe line, but the sulfate-free versions have poor reviews! I'm also wondering about Aveda.

I'm so confused. What's your favourite salon brand? Should I try
    If you are in Canada take a look at what I use, Pro-naturals.com/ca/

Advertisement