Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Warriors Run 2016

Options
  • 20-05-2016 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

On site registration last night, on line registration today. After taking part in last years event for the 5th time, this year I am standing by my words of never again, for this year at least, who knows in the future.

Anyone else entering, anyone queue last night, how were the servers coping today. Even though not running my self, am still looking forward to the weekend my self.

This years event is on Saturday the 27th, at 3pm.

Still waiting on that Warriors Tri my self. Warrior of The Sea, followed by heading off for circuit of Lough Gill on the bike, finishing off with the Warriors Run course.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Story Bud?

A warriors triathlon wouldn't have much of a market I wouldn't have though. You're talking about almost double the distance of a full ironman swim which is a big ask in itself, then throwing in a minimum 60km cycle and the Warriors run which is tough on its own.

Only the fittest would be able to compete in such a race, and would they want to?

A comparably event would be the braveheart triathlon in Scotland, which is half ironman distance so slightly longer, but only a third of the swimming distance. Less than 100 people take part in that.

I think you might be waiting a while for that one minty!

Didn't sign up this year myself. Will watch with a pint in my hand instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

We can always dream though...

Was reading up on last years event over on the athletics forum and seemingly there wasn't the mad rush for places this year, and at time of posting, it still hadn't filled up. Plus on the FB updates, there were less than 100 queuing at The Strand Bar on Thursday evening.

One explanation was that The Longford Marathon is on the same weekend, but there was the usual talk of the organisation committee, and the cost of the race. Really hope The Warriors Run/Festival is not losing its appeal, as it surely is a great weekend for competitors and spectators alike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    We can always dream though...

Was reading up on last years event over on the athletics forum and seemingly there wasn't the mad rush for places this year, and at time of posting, it still hadn't filled up. Plus on the FB updates, there were less than 100 queuing at The Strand Bar on Thursday evening.

One explanation was that The Longford Marathon is on the same weekend, but there was the usual talk of the organisation committee, and the cost of the race. Really hope The Warriors Run/Festival is not losing its appeal, as it surely is a great weekend for competitors and spectators alike.

I think that was just one poster on that forum. Vast majority of people who partake know what a great event it is.
    It always clashes with Longford. Numbers are down for races nationally as the running boom ends. Also the success of the transfer system means that most people know they can wait.
    I'm in at least. Wouldn't miss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    On site registration last night, on line registration today. After taking part in last years event for the 5th time, this year I am standing by my words of never again, for this year at least, who knows in the future.

Anyone else entering, anyone queue last night, how were the servers coping today. Even though not running my self, am still looking forward to the weekend my self.

This years event is on Saturday the 27th, at 3pm.

Still waiting on that Warriors Tri my self. Warrior of The Sea, followed by heading off for circuit of Lough Gill on the bike, finishing off with the Warriors Run course.

A guy did the warriors swim and the warriors run route on the day of the swim a couple of years ago, people were calling it the ultimate warriors event. Another good one could be the lough gill swim (10km official swim marathon distance) followed by a run around the lake which is marathon run distance. would be torture!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Just wondering would a Warriors Tri even work. Did they have bikes during the time of Queen Maieve?

:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭demfad

Just a week to go. Last chance for a decent training run this weekend. How is everyone fixed?

Advertisement