Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arbitration over Proceeds of Estate

Options
  • 20-05-2016 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

I'd like some opinions. I am the executor of a Will and there is a claim being made against the estate by a third party, no real evidence provided (a word doc only, something you could draw up in 5 mins). Its nearly 2 years later and they are talkin about issuing proceedings. I've requested we arbitrate.........any advice...opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Check the period of limitation for actions. If in doubt, contact a solicitor.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Seek professional legal advice. As the executor you have certain duties and if you don't handle this correctly, it could be problematic.

Advertisement