Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TomTom driving me crazy......

Options
  • 20-05-2016 5:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Hope this is the right section for a TomTom satnav query...
    I have a basic TomTom Start satnav, which has been fine for the last few years. I only use it in the Summer season in my motorhome.
    I just switched on for the season, and first of all, I could only get a 'red cross' on a frozen screen.
    After much googling, I was advised to switch on, hold the on button until 'the writing on a black screen appears' ....then press the on switch three times to start re-booting. The problem is, whatever I do, it always goes back to the home screen (the two hands and the tom toms).
    I've tried every variation I can think of to re-boot, but it always does the same, and I can only switch it off using the reset button.
    Am I better off scrapping it and buying a new one? Or is there an answer out there somewhere?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Maybe a mod could move this to GPS.

Is this the Old Style unit that connect to My TomTom software.
    If so try connect it to your PC . If if opens as a drive cut/paste everything out of the drive onto your desktop.
    Now do a restart of the system and it should rewrite the defaults back onto the drive.
    Also does this unit have a reset pin? If so try that also.

Advertisement