Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New TUI Grassroots FB page launched - like/share now!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Indeed, very interesting and I hope more branch chairs will sign up.

I hope people read the literature, vote for a president who will fight for us and use an informed vote in the LRA ballot. And write to your local TD. I note that one person who likes the grassroots page is a sitting FF TD in Cork SW so maybe hope??

But I fear people will vote based on misguided chat in staffrooms.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

There are a few politicians members of the group now. I see Gerard Craughwell has joined. I think he has a cheek tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

There are a few politicians members of the group now. I see Gerard Craughwell has joined. I think he has a cheek tbh.

This is one of the reasons im torn. The TUI now is a far cry from where it was when he was president.

I actually trust the judgement of the current president, he has been very good to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,518 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

This is one of the reasons im torn. The TUI now is a far cry from where it was when he was president.

I actually trust the judgement of the current president, he has been very good to date.

He has sounded good to date but I actually have no idea what he has done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I had faith in Gerry Quinn and it looked like he was good at first. But here we are on the exact same track again. Voting again on a barely changed agreement until we give the correct answer. I'm not overly happy with the JC result either - more the resources and funding secured than the actual changes.

But Gerard Craughwell certainly has no business signing up to a grassroots union group if he has an ounce of honesty in him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

I had faith in Gerry Quinn and it looked like he was good at first. But here we are on the exact same track again. Voting again on a barely changed agreement until we give the correct answer. I'm not overly happy with the JC result either - more the resources and funding secured than the actual changes.

But Gerard Craughwell certainly has no business signing up to a grassroots union group if he has an ounce of honesty in him.

The seanad election shows that he doesn't. What an opportunistic stunt.

The JC was based on a congress motion that outlined union policy, that was followed and each condition satisfied.

Equally, there was a threat of industrial action if the DES wouldn't talk. The TUI went in and came out with what we hage now. I'm sure that its not exactly what they would have liked to bring out but if they think that the clear alternative is worse i suppose they have do what they think is right.

New entrant pay is not going to ve adressed solely with teachers, it will be a public sector wide thing so this was never going to be conceded in talks with the DES.

Some of NO propaganda says that this ballot makes the CP hours permanent, how is that the case?

A lot of people seem to think also that they wont be doing s/s if they vote no. As far as I can see this became compulsory for all after HRA.

Its basically about the 30 hours and how much we don't like them.

Im looking for where i saw the ASTI looking for talks before September, ffs, they could have talked before the ballot.

Advertisement