Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moss and buttercups killer

Options
  • 20-05-2016 7:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hi my lawn is infested with buttercups and moss, what type of chemical will kill both weeds

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭cd07

Maybe treating the underlying cause for the moss and buttercups growing would be the best starting point. The soil is obviously holding a lot of water and possibly shaded? My recommendation would be to scarify the lawn 1st then aerate thoroughly using either a mechanical scarifier or even a garden fork.
    Proper drainage and aeration is vital to the growth of healthy grass. Chemical wise there are vast amounts of combined moss/weed killers on the market but without treating the problem chemicals will only work temporarily. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭griffzinho

bazmc35 wrote: »
    Hi my lawn is infested with buttercups and moss, what type of chemical will kill both weeds

Dicophar certainly is your weapon for creeping buttercup. Was very effective for me. Will need to reseed your lawn afterwards if there are bare patches.

Advertisement