Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Team building activities that don't suck ...

Options
  • 20-05-2016 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭

Has anyone any ideas for a team afternoon in Galway City? Looking for something fun and a bit different to the usual treasure hunt, drumming ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Escape room! Did it recently for team building and it was enjoyed by all. There's two places in Galway, google them. :p

You can also do murder mysteries, or get a company from dublin in to make your own movie or something. All depends on the budget of course.

Or pottery classes ( not sure if they're still on offer). Or cookery class?

Or nature walks; or maybe a historic city walk if you're into that sort of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

drinking

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Check out pureskill and gokarting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,926 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

Would recommend Diamond Hill in Letterfrack.

Weekend on the beer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,033 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Andrea B. wrote: »
    Would recommend Diamond Hill in Letterfrack.
    I remember a few of us carrying a giant chess set up there a few years ago - windy as **** and the pieces kept trying to blow off back down the hill. Fecking madness. Don't do that anyway. If you do go there, though, and find a white tile (about a foot by a foot) drop me a PM. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,952 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

biko wrote: »
    Check out pureskill and gokarting

I guess that depends on your definition of "suck".

One option is to do a days work for a charity, eg sorting clothes for Simon etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

My definition is the best definition, if I may say so myself :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

galah wrote: »
    Escape room! Did it recently for team building and it was enjoyed by all. There's two places in Galway, google them. :p

You can also do murder mysteries, or get a company from dublin in to make your own movie or something. All depends on the budget of course.

Or pottery classes ( not sure if they're still on offer). Or cookery class?

Or nature walks; or maybe a historic city walk if you're into that sort of thing?

Do the escape room, it's a great laugh and perfect for team building .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,411 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

galah wrote: »
    Or pottery classes

This springs to mind.. dunno if it'd go down too well in work though! :P :pac:

VcuBBNUlA45wurEaJOK3HuT0TOs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 snagger

Not too far out of city try eile mental in Furbo

• Registered Users Posts: 31,887 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

There's The Galway Footgolf Club and there's Bubble Football in The Astrobay in Renmore.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ir555

Rusheen Bay Windsurfing run corporate team building sessions ( Windsurfing/ Kayaking and Stand Up Paddleboarding).

Check out rusheenbay.com

D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭J.pilkington

ir555 wrote: »
    Rusheen Bay Windsurfing run corporate team building sessions ( Windsurfing/ Kayaking and Stand Up Paddleboarding).

Check out rusheenbay.com

D

Did this with some friends recently, everyone loved it, the bay is perfect and staff are great craic

Advertisement