Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

making an offer

Options
  • 20-05-2016 9:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭

so there's a property that we like and a couple of bids have gone on it already. we are probably going to make an offer on it. from reading on here i just need to call or email and just give the price, nothing else right?? am i right in thinking i don't need to put any subject to or anything as until the contracts are signed at the end that either party can pull out at any stage with no recourse?? but if my offer is accepted then does that mean its sale agreed and no one elses offer can be accepted (even it is more than what we offered)??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

I've texted an amount to an agent to make an offer so doesn't have to be formal. You could add 'subject to engineers survey' or something if you like. I used do the full email when I started but ended up texting as the whole process wore me down :)

Once you offer is accepted you pay a booking deposit to the agent, usually 5k. Even with this paid either party can pull out until signed contracts are received by both sides. Booking deposit is refundable if you or the seller pull out before contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭bungaro79

thanks sozbox. there is a bit of work needed to be done and i was thinking for a while that i'd need these checked out to get a price of the work before i put in the offer but this isn't the case now is it?! i can just put in an offer and if its accepted then i have until the contracts are signed to sort all that stuff out right??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

Keep your cards as close to your chest as possible. Just place an offer and go from there. Nothing is finalised until contracts are signed and I recommend to keep looking even after you pay the booking deposit. Sales fall through all the time.

If work needs to be done to the property you negotiate that based on the survey. At that point you may or may not be told to go forth.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭GinaI

Hi, if a house has been on the market for a while and there has been no offers made, can I make an offer lower than asking price? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

GinaI wrote: »
    Hi, if a house has been on the market for a while and there has been no offers made, can I make an offer lower than asking price? Thanks

You can always offer lower than asking price, at any stage. It may or may not be accepted but offer what you want to offer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement