Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fargo Season 3 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

Ok episode but too existential for my liking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭tony1kenobi

I wanted Valery from Pine Barrens to run past them naked but for a huge hole in his head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Accept the mystery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Some shows accidentally go a bit off the rails.

This show goes out to do it

Does it

and

Does it well!

Madness! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭jcsoulinger

Was Ray Wise the devil or God? Are Nikki and the deaf lad dead and this was some after life scene?

I don't think he was either, It's hard to say what exactly he is, but he definitely wasn't calling the shots as he said something along the lines of I had to convince them to send you back, so best guess is he's some sort of benevolent spirit, who decides if you live or die, in this case he saw that the greater good could be served by having Nikki and Mr Wrench live, and go on to counter the evil that is Varga. The cat in the box I felt was a reference to Schrödinger's cat, where in that place (the bowling alley) you are both dead and alive until you leave, that's what I took from it anyways.

I thought it was another fantastic episode particularly the scenes in the woods, lots of tension, the two being hunted make such an odd couple it was great to watch.

I wouldn't be to gone on the show going too far down the spiritual route, it seems very far from the original film, but if it is just kept to a minimum and done in a very subtle manner then I would say it only adds to a brilliant TV series.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Excellent episode and I enjoyed the metaphysical aspects - Ray Wise is great at playing this type of character.

Was it just me or was the lighting different in the wood scenes? Seemed like the director was going for natural lighting without any artificial source. Really added to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

McGregor has been doing a great job I must say

He's an awful, awful actor. Bar Trainspotting his career has amounted to nothing. Couldn't even pull off the accent. I wonder who else was in contention for the role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 904 ✭✭✭Tazium

^ reckon he's brilliant in this actually.  Loved the episode even though the timeline was on either slow-mo or warp-speed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭dball

quick question if anyone can offer an answer - Ives seen season 1 & 2 - my OH has only seen season 1
    can we both watch season 3 or should season 2 be seen by the OH first?

"I've been killing him for 30 years, this time he fell"

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭pedatron

I would almost be certain it was
    Nikki and the mute guy from season one. They got access to Vargas files

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Excellent episode.

I'm very suspicious of Goldfarbs involvement at this point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭mikeybrennan

Did it end abruptly after 34 minutes

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,484 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

No, it's 48 minutes long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭prodsc

For me, ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Quality all round. Chief/Deputy is gonna go all out now. Needed to kill off dancing Asian guy though, big mistake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

For me, it has absolutely nothing on season two. Still entertaining, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,317 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Cina wrote: »
    For me, it has absolutely nothing on season two. Still entertaining, though.

Agreed,S3 is quality but 1 and 2 were outstanding IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Inviere

Loved seasons 1 and 2, not enjoying 3 at all I must admit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Username exists

Yep 34.20 is all I got to see. Have seen the entire episode, this season is a bit meh. It's definitely not as good as 1 and 2 but it just seems to be a bit flat so far and there's a good few episodes in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭prodsc

Yep 34.30 is all I got to see

Try again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Horribly rushed finale with an ending stolen straight from lord of war, so many characters doing things, well, out of character and just straight up poor writing all round imo.

Wrench taking 5+ years to kill Emmit
    Nikki not hesitating to kill an innocent cop and suddenly has no lust for money, becomes a criminal mastermind of her own, we never get to see how they kill the minions either
    Emmit's car randomly starting after it broke down along with ignoring the broken phone on the ground
    Emmit just being a totally inconsistent and unbelievable character with crap writing, like how he randomly grabs the gun "oh i'm so tired"
    Goldfarb takes over the company, with seemingly no repercussions
    Time jump added nothing

Overall a really unsatisfying ending.

Wouldn't recommend season 3 at all, it was full of bad writing and just all over the place. As great as David Thewlis was it still wasn't enough to save it. Season 1 and 2 were up there with some of the best TV seasons ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

Dreadful ending. Hank Scorpio above summed it up well. Laughable twists leaving glaring plot holes. Really disappointing overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Mere surmise, sir.

Advertisement