Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

velcro seat pack strap ?

• 20-05-2016 11:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

Hi
    anyone know where i can get a replacement velcro seat pack strap for an Altura speed (M or L) seat pack, mine tore on last use , managed to gerryrig it for the day but it was swinging a bit..
    think its about 30cm long by 1.5cm wide

altura site doesn't list it in spares etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

You can buy velcro strips online from Halfords or amazon or in Staples or maybe somewhere that does material and dressmaking stuff etc. You could either make a new strap or cut the other one off and just use a piece of velcro to go across the two srtips on the bag, via the saddle rails

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Esroh

You can buy velcro strips online from Halfords or amazon or in Staples or maybe somewhere that does material and dressmaking stuff etc. You could either make a new strap or cut the other one off and just use a piece of velcro to go across the two srtips on the bag, via the saddle rails

+1 A shop that deals in material etc would have velcro with a sticky back which you could attach to any piece thats still attached to the bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,007 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Alternatively just get a couple of long cable ties and secure the saddle bag to the rails. Cut off the excess and move the cut ends under the saddle out of sight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 448 ✭✭spoke2cun

What about the cylindrical style purse that's fits into the 2nd bottle holder? Just bought one myself to try out.

Advertisement