Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why are your variable mortgage rates so high

Options
  • 21-05-2016 4:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭

I'm not even going to bother comparing you to the rest of Europe.

I'm just wondering why you are pushing the gimmicks like 2% cashback and 10% extra on your mortgagesaver account when your interest rate is a whole percentage point higher than your competitors? Are you targeting the financially irresponsible?

Currently saving and based on my research KBC or AIB look to be the ones to go for. What do I get with a BOI mortgage that makes you competitive? Why should I not move my current account to KBC with their high interest savings and low interest (for Ireland) mortgage.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

I'm just wondering why you are pushing the gimmicks like 2% cashback and 10% extra on your mortgagesaver account when your interest rate is a whole percentage point higher than your competitors? Are you targeting the financially irresponsible?

Currently saving and based on my research KBC or AIB look to be the ones to go for. What do I get with a BOI mortgage that makes you competitive? Why should I not move my current account to KBC with their high interest savings and low interest (for Ireland) mortgage.
    Hi Stefanovich,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

Our mortgage rates do remain under review and we will be sure to advise of any future changes.

For information on our Mortgage offers please see here.

Thanks,

Tara C

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭epfff

excellent post
    would their be an appetite out their among existing paying mortgage customers in forming a group to warn future home buyers about how existing customers are being treated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Helen

epfff wrote: »

excellent post
    would their be an appetite out their among existing paying mortgage customers in forming a group to warn future home buyers about how existing customers are being treated
    Hi epff,

Thank you for contacting us today.

We’re sorry to hear you feel you have been mistreated, is there anything we can help you with here?

Thanks
    Helen

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭epfff

Hi epff,

Thank you for contacting us today.

We’re sorry to hear you feel you have been mistreated, is there anything we can help you with here?

Thanks
    Helen

Bring yeer variable rates in line with all the other banks in the country

Advertisement