Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rabbit Damage

Options
  • 21-05-2016 9:01am

I'm gutted.

ALL my lettuce plants, radishes and pea have been savaged and I mean savaged by rabbits. They come in from a neighbouring field. I've had a fella in and he shot a dozen in one evening but they are still about.

My parents recently gave us a gift of €100 voucher for a nearby garden centre. They've attacked uprooted and eaten most of what we bought. Last years dahlia bulbs were so carefully looked after and they were scattered about.

Building a fence or wall is going to be expensive as its a large site.

Any ideas how to get rid of them?
    We've 2 dogs but that doesn't deter them.
    Seriously considering my own rifle at this stage.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭DX85

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Springwell

A dozen in an evening is very little - into 50+ is more clearance numbers. Would the owner of the field let someone on there either to shoot or with ferrets?

You can get a spray called grazers which is supposed to be effective against them too

I've had permission from the owner to shoot on the land.
    How would I find out about someone with ferrets?

I'm going to look up that spary.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Springwell

Trying posting in the hunting section on here (it's under shooting in sports). Someone training spaniels will snap your hand off for access to rabbit shooting and there's a few lads with ferrets on there too who will be happy to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

Where abouts are you located I recon I can sort your problem out ....pm me if you like :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement