Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlimited Broadband

Options
  • 21-05-2016 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi

I'm on an unlimited plan and have been for over a year and have never had any issues until now, normally my bill is €45 a month but in the previous month is was €123, called customer care and was advised that this was a mistake and the excess would be credited to the account. this month the bill is €89, it is over again and there was no credit applied to the account, called again was was told by the agent that unlimited doesn't exist and I'll just have to pay it, I asked for a supervisor and was no told "no, there is no point in getting one". 
    I worked for eircom/meteor in the past and I'm aware that unlimited plans can sometimes have a fair usage policy but I specifically asked when signing to the plan for a figure for the fair usage policy and was told the the fair usage policy was scraped last year and there was no limit.
    When I search for eir's fair usage policy I can't find it, I do not believe it is clearly defined as required by comreg.
    The direct debit has been cancelled until such a time as the issue is sorted (I'm aware solicitors letters will be sent by eir)
    Please advise on any step eir can take to correct this issue, when I worked there in the past the policy was to follow through on what the agent said they would do even if the agent was wrong/mistaken to do so.

Regard
    J

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

boekind wrote: »
    Hi

I'm on an unlimited plan and have been for over a year and have never had any issues until now, normally my bill is €45 a month but in the previous month is was €123, called customer care and was advised that this was a mistake and the excess would be credited to the account. this month the bill is €89, it is over again and there was no credit applied to the account, called again was was told by the agent that unlimited doesn't exist and I'll just have to pay it, I asked for a supervisor and was no told "no, there is no point in getting one". 
    I worked for eircom/meteor in the past and I'm aware that unlimited plans can sometimes have a fair usage policy but I specifically asked when signing to the plan for a figure for the fair usage policy and was told the the fair usage policy was scraped last year and there was no limit.
    When I search for eir's fair usage policy I can't find it, I do not believe it is clearly defined as required by comreg.
    The direct debit has been cancelled until such a time as the issue is sorted (I'm aware solicitors letters will be sent by eir)
    Please advise on any step eir can take to correct this issue, when I worked there in the past the policy was to follow through on what the agent said they would do even if the agent was wrong/mistaken to do so.

Regard
    J
    Hi  boekind,

Thanks for getting in touch, I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing billing issues.

Is the usage in relation to your calls or broadband? 
    A fair usage policy would apply to our unlimited broadband package.
    You can read more on this here https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/terms/Part3.1.pdf;Where customer usage exceeds the specified monthly download/upload limit appropriate to the customer's chosen level, the company reserves the right to charge the customer for the excess use or to request the customer to select a more appropriate level. In the event of a customer refusing or neglecting to select an appropriate level, eir may upon due notice terminate the provision of the facility to the customer. The additional charge for excess usage is €2.03 per GB (€1.65 ex. VAT) up to a maximum of €24.40 (inc. VAT) per month. eir Fibre packages with unlimited usage are subject to a Fair Usage policy of 1TB per month. Usage is excess of 1TB will be charged at €2.50(inc. VAT) for every 10 GB up to maximum of €100(Inc.VAT) per month

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Skatedude

unlimited definition webster's dictionary

[font=Lato, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Full Definition of unlimited[/font]
    1. 1:  lacking any controls :  unrestricted <unlimited access>
    2. 2:  boundlessinfinite <unlimited possibilities>
    3. 3:  not bounded by exceptions :  undefined <the unlimited and unconditional surrender of the enemy — Sir Winston Churchill>
    [*]
    So eir uses a different dictionary ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I signed up in October 2014, having been absolutely guaranteed that there was no limit. Have you now changed the terms of the contract, because I received no notification if you did. Does the FUP only come in since the date of the form you posted, i.e. 2015? I have the eFibre 100MB service.

whiterebel wrote: »
    I signed up in October 2014, having been absolutely guaranteed that there was no limit. Have you now changed the terms of the contract, because I received no notification if you did. Does the FUP only come in since the date of the form you posted, i.e. 2015? I have the eFibre 100MB service.
    Hi  whiterebel,

Our terms and conditions were updated 05/03/15, prior to this the fair usage was 500GB. The 1TB fair usage applies to all broadband bundles. 

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lijojoy7

Dear Eir customer care,

[font=arial, sans-serif]I would like to express great regret on a unfair charge made on us by Eir team. Recently, we have ordered a Iphone 6s plus 64 GB and as per the advice from the customer care we have rejected at the door to change the colour. The CC staff told that Gold / Rose gold is in the stock. Two days later we got different reply that it is in the stock but some says not in the stock. Finally we decided to cancel the order. We have informed the same to the loyalty department. As per ref No:2221919, we have asked the customer care to send us the refund cheque of Euro 500/- from Euro 549/- and  asked them to keep the balance of Euro 49 as a credit. Ms. Pamela also informed that the process been started and we will receive the cheque. As per that our account became Euro -49. We was waiting for the cheque.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Now the story turns, today my wife who is the account holder got the message that we have been charged for Euro 479.08 and in my eir its showing 549.08 to be paid. And the reason for the charge is very funny. Eventhough our account is unlimited e-fiber but the message says that our eircom account usage is unusually high so your account will be suspended and we have to pay Euro 479.08.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]If you see my present usage, its only 189.01GB, but how can they charge for unlimited connection.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Only thing is that you want to exploiting the customer as you cant refund me the amount of Euro 549/- so you are making reasons to take back that money from us. Thats why now our my eir is showing Euro -49 to Euro 549.08(same amount of Iphone which is been returned). [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]In our past we also face other issue when we upgraded to efiber as they charged Euro 150 plus later after complaining it came down to -60 and said technical error as usual.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]This was my biggest disappointment and I would like your personal assistance to create a resolution on top of the problem. I would be grateful if you would be kind enough to do the needful as soon as possible.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I hereby request you to do the needful on priority basis without debiting any unfair amount.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Dear Eir customers,[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Please let us know how we can forward this issue to consumer complaint department.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif] [/font]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

lijojoy7 wrote: »
    Dear Eir customer care,

[font=arial, sans-serif]I would like to express great regret on a unfair charge made on us by Eir team. Recently, we have ordered a Iphone 6s plus 64 GB and as per the advice from the customer care we have rejected at the door to change the colour. The CC staff told that Gold / Rose gold is in the stock. Two days later we got different reply that it is in the stock but some says not in the stock. Finally we decided to cancel the order. We have informed the same to the loyalty department. As per ref No:2221919, we have asked the customer care to send us the refund cheque of Euro 500/- from Euro 549/- and  asked them to keep the balance of Euro 49 as a credit. Ms. Pamela also informed that the process been started and we will receive the cheque. As per that our account became Euro -49. We was waiting for the cheque.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Now the story turns, today my wife who is the account holder got the message that we have been charged for Euro 479.08 and in my eir its showing 549.08 to be paid. And the reason for the charge is very funny. Eventhough our account is unlimited e-fiber but the message says that our eircom account usage is unusually high so your account will be suspended and we have to pay Euro 479.08.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]If you see my present usage, its only 189.01GB, but how can they charge for unlimited connection.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Only thing is that you want to exploiting the customer as you cant refund me the amount of Euro 549/- so you are making reasons to take back that money from us. Thats why now our my eir is showing Euro -49 to Euro 549.08(same amount of Iphone which is been returned). [/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]In our past we also face other issue when we upgraded to efiber as they charged Euro 150 plus later after complaining it came down to -60 and said technical error as usual.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]This was my biggest disappointment and I would like your personal assistance to create a resolution on top of the problem. I would be grateful if you would be kind enough to do the needful as soon as possible.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]I hereby request you to do the needful on priority basis without debiting any unfair amount.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Dear Eir customers,[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif]Please let us know how we can forward this issue to consumer complaint department.[/font]

[font=arial, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi lijojoy7, [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm very sorry to hear of the billing issues you are having.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I've looked into this for you and can see that a refund cheque for €500 has been processed since the 24/05, the leadtime is 30 days for this. This will be sent out to you soon. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The message that was sent was in relation to the high balance on the account, this has since been waived on the account so there's no balance outstanding at present. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Apologies for the delays and all inconvenience caused. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks [/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Tracey [/font]

Dear Tracey,
    Thank you for your update. Today we received the refund cheque of Euro 500/- and the balance was Euro 49 which we asked to keep as credit. When this month bill is issued then we should get 4 Euros as credit. Now when I called your colleague, he informed me that there is an have of near about Euro 8 for mobile usage, the next funny this is that you charged for mobile which we never received. We are totally fed up with your service and very shameful charges. For the issues from your side, we have to spend our time to solve it, it's not the first time for us. We also asked your team leader to speak with my wife who is the account with this regard but it still not done. If you could check out previous bills, you can find this unfair charges charged and later informed as technical issues when we called your customer care and waited a month. Hope you will take immediate action.

No problem at all. 

I'm glad to hear you have received your refund cheque.

I've looked further into this account and have applied a credit of €62.07. This will show on the next bill issued. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Dear Tracey,

Now my broadband is disconnected from your side. I spoke with your team and only that time they have done this. Your colleague told that it will take some hours to get the connection back. What should we do to suffer this?

Dear Tracey,

Now my broadband is disconnected from your side. I spoke with your team and only that time they have done this. Your colleague told that it will take some hours to get the connection back. What should we do to suffer this?
    I'm very sorry to hear this, I can see this barring has been processed to be removed from the account. The standard lead time is up to 24 hours. 

You may need to reboot your modem for the service to come back up and running. 

Apologies for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Hi  whiterebel,

Our terms and conditions were updated 05/03/15, prior to this the fair usage was 500GB. The 1TB fair usage applies to all broadband bundles. 

-Pamela 
    Hi,

Can you provide the T&Cs for Broadband prior to that change please. 

Dear Tracey,

I'm very sorry to hear this, I can see this barring has been processed to be removed from the account. The standard lead time is up to 24 hours. 

Thanks 

Tracey
    Dear Tracey,

From yesterday we are contacting your eir customer care for this disconnection issue. Today morning again we was forced to contact you in this regard.
    How can you disconnect our connection without any reason? You have disconnected our connection due to your internal problem in which your colleagues didn't do their duty on time.  We was having some important job to be done, because of these issue from your side, it have been delay. 

Moreover, we are paying for you Euro 45/- for a month service out of this you have disconnected the connection and do we have to pay for this too?

We want one day charge to be waived off from our total amount as the connection is back now.

Hi  whiterebel,

-Pamela 
    Hi,

Can you provide the T&Cs for Broadband prior to that change please. 
    I'm afraid we wouldn't have these t&c's as they have now been updated whiterebel

Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thanks 

Tracey 

Dear Tracey,

Thanks 

Tracey
    Dear Tracey,

From yesterday we are contacting your eir customer care for this disconnection issue. Today morning again we was forced to contact you in this regard.
    How can you disconnect our connection without any reason? You have disconnected our connection due to your internal problem in which your colleagues didn't do their duty on time.  We was having some important job to be done, because of these issue from your side, it have been delay. 

Moreover, we are paying for you Euro 45/- for a month service out of this you have disconnected the connection and do we have to pay for this too?

We want one day charge to be waived off from our total amount as the connection is back now.
    Apologies for the delay in getting the service back up however it's down to the system to connect you back, we can't manually organise this I'm afraid. 

The barring was placed on the line as the credit due was not raised in time to stop the barring from applying. 

I have credited your account with the days service for you now. 

Apologies again for all inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Dear Tracey,

Thank you for your update and support.

In myeir, I found that Euro 549/- is still the due amount not updated. Please do the needful.

About the credit due, this was not our fault and we have informed the same this to your colleagues on Saturday 28th May 2016. But what can we do as a customer if they cant update. Only we are forced to suffer.

Thanks again.

Dear Tracey,

Thanks 

Tracey
    Dear Tracey,

Apologies for the delay in getting the service back up however it's down to the system to connect you back, we can't manually organise this I'm afraid. 

The barring was placed on the line as the credit due was not raised in time to stop the barring from applying. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Dear Tracey,

Thank you for your update and support.

In myeir, I found that Euro 549/- is still the due amount not updated. Please do the needful.

About the credit due, this was not our fault and we have informed the same this to your colleagues on Saturday 28th May 2016. But what can we do as a customer if they cant update. Only we are forced to suffer.

Thanks again.

Dear Tracey,

Thanks 

Tracey
    Dear Tracey,

Thanks 

Tracey 
    Hi  lijojoy7,

Tracey has applied all the credits due to your account, unfortunately your myeir will not update until the next bill is issued on your account. Once it is issued you will be able to view these credits on-line.

-Pamela  

Thank you Pamela for your update. As we was worried about the bill, we received the bills of 549/- today. Hope this won't be debited.

You can't find T&Cs from just over a year ago? Sorry, pull the other one. If ComReg get a complaint and it suited you I'm sure you'd produce the older T&Cs like a shot. As far as I'm concerned the old ones said unlimited with no FUP, and if I ever get charged extra ComReg can sort it. I haven't agreed any change to my contract with new T&Cs.

You can't find T&Cs from just over a year ago? Sorry, pull the other one. If ComReg get a complaint and it suited you I'm sure you'd produce the older T&Cs like a shot. As far as I'm concerned the old ones said unlimited with no FUP, and if I ever get charged extra ComReg can sort it. I haven't agreed any change to my contract with new T&Cs.
    Hi whiterebel,

You can view all our terms and conditions online here https://www.eir.ie/termsandconditions/

-Pamela 

Thank you Pamela for your update. As we was worried about the bill, we received the bills of 549/- today. Hope this won't be debited.
    I have checked your account  lijojoy7 and I can assure you €549 will not be debited from you.

-Pamela 

• Advertisement

Dear Tracey,

Please let me know the status of our account balance. When I called your customer care they informed that it is zero balance but in my knowledge it should be - balance. 

Dear Tracey,

Please let me know the status of our account balance. When I called your customer care they informed that it is zero balance but in my knowledge it should be - balance. 
    I have checked this  lijojoy7 and your account is currently in credit €[font=tahoma, arial, helvetica, verdana, sans-serif]-70.64.[/font]

-Pamela 

Hi whiterebel,

You can view all our terms and conditions online here https://www.eir.ie/termsandconditions/

-Pamela 
    are these not the same as the ones referred to above? Its the one before those I was looking for. By the way, how come it 2015 but dated may 2013?

Hi whiterebel,

-Pamela 
    are these not the same as the ones referred to above? Its the one before those I was looking for. By the way, how come it 2015 but dated may 2013?
    Yes these are are terms and conditions whiterebel,
    These dates are the dates these terms and conditions are effective from.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Focusdpc

@ Eir Pamela, I've just been reading this thread and need some clarity please.

I renewed my NGB bundle with eir in October and asked specifically about the broadband usage as at the time Sky were saying 'truly unlimited.'
    I was speaking to a rep over the phone and he said yes it used to be 500gb allowance but now it's unlimited, no limit.

Last month my usage was roughly 800gb, which is not high these days considering teenagers in the house and streaming 4k.
    However this could have went over the 1TB I'm sure. Can you link me to the exact terms and conditions for the NGB that says it has a 1TB FUP ?
    I can't find it, and if it does exist I'm going to be very disappointed, not limited to the FUP but being told there is absolutely no limit, which would be in essence a lie by eir. I will consider moving provider in October if this is the case.

Best regards 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

I have checked your account  lijojoy7 and I can assure you €549 will not be debited from you.

-Pamela 
    Your assurances should be taken with a pinch of salt.

This poor chap is going through the exact same experiences I went through with your company a year ago.

Despite all the assurances in the world, Eircom attempted to debit an incorrect bill of almost €1,000 - only for we had cancelled the direct debit at the bank the debit would have been presented and processed as normal. Sounds like this is exactly what is going to happen here too.

Eircom even had the cheek to charge us a €12.50 unpaid direct debit fee on the next bill!

It seems despite multiple fines and convictions won against your company by ComReg, Eircom continue forward with the same dysfunctional billing system, grossly mischarging customers and refusing to make any effort in rectifying these issues when they occur, except now you're doing it under some shiny new name and logo.

A reminder why I for one will never again be a customer of yours and why I will actively recommend anyone considering your company, including Meteor Mobile, to go elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭Some_Person

Boggles the mind how they have an uncongested fiber network but still impose limits, especially when Virgin is truly unlimited.

What about Eir Business broadband which is supposedly "unlimited", does that have a FUP too?

Boggles the mind how they have an uncongested fiber network but still impose limits, especially when Virgin is truly unlimited.

What about Eir Business broadband which is supposedly "unlimited", does that have a FUP too?
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]The fair usage policy applies to all unlimited broadband packages [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Some_Person[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif], you can view this in the terms and conditions here https://www.eir.ie/opencms/export/sites/default/.content/pdf/terms/Part3.1.pdf[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Dear Pamela,

Instead of Euro -70.64 in our account its still showing 549.08 even though my billing date was over and the direct debit due date too.
    I have contacted the customer care and we have to again say the old story. At last today I got the reply that my bill is -45 but later told that is already mentioned by you as -70.64 but not done in the account. 

Waiting for your reply.

• Advertisement

Dear Pamela,

Instead of Euro -70.64 in our account its still showing 549.08 even though my billing date was over and the direct debit due date too.
    I have contacted the customer care and we have to again say the old story. At last today I got the reply that my bill is -45 but later told that is already mentioned by you as -70.64 but not done in the account. 

Waiting for your reply.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I have double-checked this [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]lijojoy7 [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]and I can assure you your account is in credit €70.64. Sincere apologies for any confusion caused. As soon as the next bill is issue you will be able to view this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement