Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRC Postgraduate funding 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭gcalvert91

Yea, same here. I thought it was just my browser. Interesting that it's not just me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭MFPM

Cassie92 wrote: »
    I can't access my submitted application, hopefully that means there is some progress....

Nor me, hopefully news will come soon..

Seems to be back up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Mfaisca

And nothing changed, at least for me

• Registered Users Posts: 45 elbandita

I didn't apply last year, I applied two years ago. The cutoff mark for the first round of science and engineering applications was 90% last year; I'm not sure what mark got conditional funding in the end.

When did you eventually find out then that you hadn't gotten it? Was it a very long wait?

Totally sucks that the feedback isn't great. I really hope that you get it this time round, I would despair having to go through this again. Which is actually probably likely haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 GraceFace12

gcalvert91 wrote: »
    It was last changed on 18th May, although it has changed on a number of occasions since I submitted my application. I doubt there's much to it, though.

What about yourself/selves?

How do you check when it was last modified?

It was last changed on 18th May, although it has changed on a number of occasions since I submitted my application. I doubt there's much to it, though.

What about yourself/selves?

How do you check when it was last modified?

When you sign in to the portal, click 'Print PDF'. The new window will show you your application. On the bottom right of the window that opens, you'll see 'Last Modified'.

Well, folks, today is the day when we can say "any day now".

:]

'June 2016'.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 GraceFace12

Well, folks, today is the day when we can say "any day now".

:]

'June 2016'.

It's definitely going to be the very last week of June - I'd bet anyway! :/

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Vin8

Mine was modified last night, 31 May, at 21.01. My nerves are honestly gone at this stage trying to second guess what comes next.

• Advertisement

Mine was 28 April. I'm almost 100% sure that I'm out

Mfaisca wrote: »
    Mine was 28 April. I'm almost 100% sure that I'm out

Any idea what your application number is Mfaisca? They may be going through the applications in numerical order. I was one of the first 200 people to register.

I wouldn't dread on the 'last modified' information. It likely means nothing in relation to your application's success.

Vin8 wrote: »
    Mine was modified last night, 31 May, at 21.01. My nerves are honestly gone at this stage trying to second guess what comes next.

No way, was it? Mine's still last modified 26th April... probably a bad sign

Any idea what your application number is Mfaisca? They may be going through the applications in numerical order. I was one of the first 200 people to register.

I wouldn't dread on the 'last modified' information. It likely means nothing in relation to your application's success.

Is the application number the number of Project ID: GOIPG/2016/XXX? Mine's in the one thousands if so.

elbandita wrote: »

Is the application number the number of Project ID: GOIPG/2016/XXX? Mine's in the one thousands if so.

Yep, that would be it.

Yep, that would be it.

Ah right, cool!

What is your application number if you don't mind me asking? Or in and around it. I'm around 1100

mine is around 1500

• Registered Users Posts: 3 meath22

I am about 500 and mine has not been last modified since 15/2 which was before the research office deadline.

It seems like they didnt finish to grade all the application for the first time..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Vin8

What is your application number if you don't mind me asking? Or in and around it. I'm around 1100

I'm in the 200s ..... so maybe they're going through the lot of the next few days and putting the final result on them?

I'm in the 200s ..... so maybe they're going through the lot of the next few days and putting the final result on them?

That's what I was thinking

I got another update today.

If Vin8 is in the 200s and was modified on the 31st you're in the 500s gcalvert and yours modified today I wonder if they're going through a few hundred each day... This is taking years off my life.

What do you guys reckon, should we hope for some word by the end of next week or is that wishful thinking?!

If Vin8 is in the 200s and was modified on the 31st you're in the 500s gcalvert and yours modified today I wonder if they're going through a few hundred each day... This is taking years off my life.

What do you guys reckon, should we hope for some word by the end of next week or is that wishful thinking?!

My application is in the upper 100s.

My application is in the upper 100s.

Oops misremembered. There goes that theory

haha, lol. I wonder if your funding stream makes a difference (i.e. if STEM projects are being processed first, etc.). Who knows. Anything to stimulate more conversation in this thread. I enjoy checking here as it feels like a huge support network with people going through the same thing as me! haha, god.

I feel the exact same, haha! I think I'm driving everyone around me insane at the moment with my worrying because it's so pointless to worry when you can do nothing so it's nice to come here to see other people obsessing over these tiny things as if they might give us clues to our fate. Thanks for telling us you were updated too, it's at least reassuring to know the process is underway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11 Omily

The postdocs heard on the first Friday in May. I wonder that being the case will we hear the first Friday in June ie tomorrow?

• Advertisement

Omily wrote: »
    The postdocs heard on the first Friday in May. I wonder that being the case will we hear the first Friday in June ie tomorrow?

Maybe/hopefully. The postdoc decisions were announced in May; however, I know someone who found out at the beginning of April that she had not been successful with her application.

Advertisement