Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRC Postgraduate funding 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Good_Coffee

With regard to the application numbers - its likely these were assigned when a person opens/saves their draft application for the first time. Or else when they first register their account on the online system.

I'm in the 500's application number wise but I only submitted the application right before the deadline..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lorelei676

I got brave (or stupid!) and emailed them for an update. Nothing we didn't already know but at least they got back to me.
    They said the assessment panel are due to meet in the next two weeks, and an announcement will be made after this time. They estimate that the date for results is the end of June at the latest.
    So I guess no point in stressing for another few days anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Good_Coffee

THANK YOU!!

• Registered Users Posts: 45 elbandita

Mfaisca wrote: »
    Would you not ask your friend to ask this person if it was IRC???

Yup, they're gonna double check with them. I really doubt it was

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Lorelei676 wrote: »
    I got brave (or stupid!) and emailed them for an update. Nothing we didn't already know but at least they got back to me.
    They said the assessment panel are due to meet in the next two weeks, and an announcement will be made after this time. They estimate that the date for results is the end of June at the latest.

Does that mean that they are not letting people know about progression from the first round to the second?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭MFPM

Thanks for the info. That sounds like the final stage of the process, it's still not clear if there is still the round 1 and 2 situations or if they are just going with a single stage process.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sarahjma

My number is 55X and it was reviewed 6/5/16. I hadnt known you could check this. This thread has made me a monster!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 meath22

Jaysus never want to go through this process again haha. Mine still is last modified at 15/2. They cannot have forgot about mine haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SBradley33

So has anyone's status changed from 'ready for review'? The flowchart makes it seem that this should of at least changed to 'under assessment' or 'ineligible application' by now

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭gcalvert91

SBradley33 wrote: »
    So has anyone's status changed from 'ready for review'? The flowchart makes it seem that this should of at least changed to 'under assessment' or 'ineligible application' by now

Hey. My status still reads as 'ready for review', too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Phoenix

Where can you find the last modified date? Under "Status" mine says "ready for review", but I can't see any evidence that it's been looked at yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭Mahatma Geansai

Phoenix wrote: »
    Where can you find the last modified date? Under "Status" mine says "ready for review", but I can't see any evidence that it's been looked at yet.

Open the pdf of the submitted project and you can see it there.

Thanks Mahatma Geansai! Apparently mine was last modified on 04/06/2016 and my number is in the 1400s. I don't know if either of those facts are related or even significant, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Vivek 1

Could there be a correlation between Arts/Humanities applicants and last modified dates in May. Similiarly, with STEM applicants and last modified dates in early June ????? As such, would it be reasonable to suggest Arts were examined in May and STEM early June ???

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AstroArcturus

Well, I'm in the STEM stream and my application was last modified in early May, so I'm not sure if theres any connection there.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭IrishWelshCelt

Yeah Im arts and mine was May. Still says ready for review...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Vivek 1

Pure speculation, clutching at straws. However, when the results come out , we may be able to make sense of the process for the poor victims who apply next year !

• Registered Users Posts: 30 meabhl

I haven't used Boards in years but my boyfriend put me on to this thread !

I am relieved other people are in the same position as myself. This thread has taught me a lot - I didn't even know there was an application reserve?! Or that there was 'last updated' or even that there was a second round!! I haven't opened my application since I submitted it , I will probably see a mistake/typo and freak myself out. I didn't look at the application decision process either for the same reason but regretting it now that I am so clueless..

Good luck and thanks everyone !

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LCHello

My irc was last modified June the 8th, what do ye think about the relevance of this?

It's difficult to say but I've always felt happy that my modification has updated on a number of occasions up to and including June. The last modification date was the 6th June.

Has anybody's date changed in the last few days? I'm assuming from the lack of posts that this isn't the case. There was a post a page or two back (I think it was made on the 8th June) that said the panels would be meeting to decide on the outcome of applications within the next two weeks and that decisions would be announced before the end of the month. If this is the case, the initial assessment stages must be over and I would imagine that the next and only thing to change on the online portal moving forward will be the outcome of our application.

• Advertisement

My last modification date was June 4th. I don't know when or if it was modified before that. It would be useful to know if anyone has had their application modified in the last week. I just hope we hear soon and that this is not strung out until the end of the month

• Registered Users Posts: 3 meath22

Yep mine was modified 14/6.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AstroArcturus

Oh dear, now I'm freaking out because mine hasn't been modified since May! I wonder if thats an indication of rejection. I suppose there's no point worrying myself sick about it, but I can't stop myself thinking about it. Hopefully we will all know sooner rather than later so the stress doesn't kill us!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 meabhl

Oh dear, now I'm freaking out because mine hasn't been modified since May! I wonder if thats an indication of rejection. I suppose there's no point worrying myself sick about it, but I can't stop myself thinking about it. Hopefully we will all know sooner rather than later so the stress doesn't kill us!!

Mine hasn't been modified since may either !!! I ended up checking it after seeing this forum and regretting it ever since .. Hopefully it doesn't mean rejection for us !!! Fingers crossed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Has anybody's status changed from Ready for Review to Under Assessment at all.

My last modified date is still 12 May :(

Wish they had just done the two rounds to put some of us out of our misery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Just found this and checked mine, 9th May, you guys have me freaking out now xD, I am still very happy with what I submitted and put a lot of time into it so I really do hope the modified dates have no bearing. Some assessors might just be using printed versions without actually accessing the virtual reports.

haha, I really hope the last modified date means absolutely nothing. Can you imagine how neurotic next years applicants will become if it actually means something?

@Censorsh!t, my status still reads as 'Ready for Review'.

I'm still ready for review too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 LCHello

Mine got modified last night guys :o I'm app number is in 100s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 elbandita

I really hope we know find out this coming week

*edit: lol

Advertisement