Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRC Postgraduate funding 2016

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

English and all other Arts / Social Sciences SHOULD find out in full tomorrow. It's only Science and Tech that need to wait. "Final Stage" this year literally means they aren't done with us but are with ye, since they haven't been releasing sporadic updates like in previous years.

So in short, you should know full IRC result tomorrow, and if you're in for Hume too, that should be some point this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 GaeilgeGrind12

So I take it we're all waiting up until 23.45 just incase! 😩

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭gcalvert91

The completion of the maintenance work is no longer listed as 23.45. It just says 26-27th June inclusive. So it looks like I'll be up at midnight :silly:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Phoenix

Yes! This is worse than the Leaving Cert. And at least then I had cause to be hopeful. I think I'll be having IRC nightmares for years after this!

It's torture. I know more than likely I haven't got it, but it's the hope argh

• Advertisement

Good luck sleeping tonight guys and girls lol. No doubt my dreams will consist of opening an email entitled 'Failure' followed immediately by my teeth falling out.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 meabhl

Do we think it will be out at midnight?!

So nerve wrecking..

meabhl wrote: »
    Do we think it will be out at midnight?!

So nerve wrecking..

Potentially... What's another hour of my life, have to wait and check it

brainiac wrote: »
    English and all other Arts / Social Sciences SHOULD find out in full tomorrow. It's only Science and Tech that need to wait. "Final Stage" this year literally means they aren't done with us but are with ye, since they haven't been releasing sporadic updates like in previous years.

So in short, you should know full IRC result tomorrow, and if you're in for Hume too, that should be some point this week.

Side note I just realised - when I wrote Eng I meant Engineering.

Ye, Brainiac , I'll be waiting up too !!

brainiac wrote: »

Side note I just realised - when I wrote Eng I meant Engineering.

Ye, GaeilgeGrind12 , I'll be waiting up too !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 elbandita

Feck, I was just about to head to sleep. Guess I'll be up til twelve now if you guys are and probably up with worry after that

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Vivek 1

Can't take much more of this!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Vin8

I'm on the Jack Daniels for the stress. Did you see the home page says there was 1071 applicants this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 elbandita

Do you guys ever wonder if any of us know each other from around our colleges? I laugh thinking about all the people I know who applied for IRC panicking on boards with me while we're very calm and collected in person

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sarahjma

I think it might be safer not to know!

00.01 June 28th and NOTHING! More chocolate!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 AstroArcturus

After all my going on about waiting, I'm feckin afraid to look now!

-edit, I looked, as vivek said, nothing! More chocolate indeed!!!

Same here! Nothing. Well, looks like I'm off to bed. Good luck tomorrow everyone! G'night!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Cassie92

Good luck, fellow applicants! Think it's time to call it a night....and face the music in the morning...

Anyone sleep?

Looking at old threads. Last year they got an email on the date due (29 June) to say they were updating system and would announce results later that day ... It was 16.11 when they announced them Hopefully, because they closed site yesterday, we will get them earlier!

Exhausted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Phoenix

Nope, no sleep. Wrecked. And still no access to submitted drafts.

The torture continues :(

Slept, but as predicted, had unpleasant dreams lol. Beginning to think that this torture is part of an initiation process.

I've spent the last hour just hitting refresh on my email and the smart simple page. Its going to be a long day!!!

They've changed their timeframe message again:

Please note that system upgrades are currently in place from Sunday 26th June to Tuesday 28th June inclusive. Users are advised that some content will be blocked during this time.

Vin8 wrote: »
    They've changed their timeframe message again:

Please note that system upgrades are currently in place from Sunday 26th June to Tuesday 28th June inclusive. Users are advised that some content will be blocked during this time.

This is a joke

• Registered Users Posts: 3 hbo10

Ah, they're just toying with us now

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Lowerthansho

By the end of this week (Friday, 1 July), all STEM applicants will be informed of whether or not their application has been selected for the next round of assessment, Round 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16 anonomousangel

Bad news for STEM people. They've changed the information on the main page now

Please be advised that the outcome of the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme 2016 will be communicated to applicants as follows:

The overall outcome of AHSS applications (Study of the Human Past; Cultures and Cultural Production; Individuals, Institutions, Markets, Values, Behaviour the Mind and Environment) will be communicated to applicants on Tuesday 28 June.
    By the end of this week (Friday, 1 July), all STEM applicants will be informed of whether or not their application has been selected for the next round of assessment, Round 2.
    The Round 2 (final) outcome for STEM applications will be communicated to applicants week commencing 18 July 2016.

• Advertisement

They've also changed the message on the site for STEM applicants

"By the end of this week (Friday, 1 July), all STEM applicants will be informed of whether or not their application has been selected for the next round of assessment, Round 2."

Advertisement