Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRC Postgraduate funding 2016

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Deeluu

Looks like we're in for another sleepless night.....my brain can't take this stress!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭gcalvert91

What the hell is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Vivek 1

gcalvert91 wrote: »
    Slept, but as predicted, had unpleasant dreams lol. Beginning to think that this torture is part of an initiation process.

No not an initiation process; a torturous process to ensure you wont be of sound mind to accept funding and will never reapply for funding!

I'm already one year into my PhD and I can tell you that life seems to be endless funding applications.....however none as bad as this.....

Vivek 1 wrote: »
    Slept, but as predicted, had unpleasant dreams lol. Beginning to think that this torture is part of an initiation process.

No not an initiation process; a torturous process to ensure you wont be of sound mind to accept funding and will never reapply for funding!

To be honest, I think they will be successful with the latter aim! Not sure I could do this to myself again lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

My application is cross faculty =p. Applied via a STEM route though, wondering how long itll take!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 aricyee

After lunch, still nothing happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 elbandita

What an absolute f***ing joke

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Sarahjma

My application is cross faculty =p. Applied via a STEM route though, wondering how long itll take!

Im guessing that your result will be with the stem group. Its probably bulk uploads and computerisation

elbandita wrote: »
    What an absolute f***ing joke

Hope we don't have to wait till the work-off time!!!

• Advertisement

I got my results at about 16.15 last year, just looked back through my emails. :O

Deeluu wrote: »
    I got my results at about 16.15 last year, just looked back through my emails. :O

This is very helpful indeed. Let me do some work for now...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Phoenix

Has anyone heard anything yet? I mean how long does it take to add "unsuccessful" to my profile???

• Registered Users Posts: 10 GaeilgeGrind12

Phoenix wrote: »
    Has anyone heard anything yet? I mean how long does it take to add "unsuccessful" to my profile???

Still nothing :(

Still nothing :(

Let's give another hour ... LOL

Results are up

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Vin8

They are indeed - I just got 'Application Unsuccessful' :-(

Vin8 wrote: »

Me too. Regret spending so long on reloading the page...

Vin8 wrote: »

me too :-(
    I kind of expected it though given how it was early may when it was last modified

Sarahjma wrote: »
    me too :-(
    I kind of expected it though given how it was early may when it was last modified

Where are the successful people! Too kind to tell us?!

• Advertisement

I am also 'unsuccessful' :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Vin8

Mine got modified loads in late May and early June so I was feeling optimistic. Guess modification date didn't mean much. Suppose just have to wait for the feedback and see where I went wrong.

aricyee wrote: »
    Where are the successful people! Too kind to tell us?!

Perhaps, or possibly had better things to do than to come back on here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭brainiac

Any STEMs have anything other than "Under Assessment"?

I'm most frustrated to have spent all of that time on the application and to do worse than last year (last year I made reserve) with what I felt was a superior application.

The only upside is last year it took them like a month to finally tell me I was unsuccessful so at least now I know its done and dusted.

Thats two strikes for me now - there is reassurance in the knowledge that I will NEVER have to go through that again.

Deeluu wrote: »
    I'm most frustrated to have spent all of that time on the application and to do worse than last year (last year I made reserve) with what I felt was a superior application.

The only upside is last year it took them like a month to finally tell me I was unsuccessful so at least now I know its done and dusted.

Thats two strikes for me now - there is reassurance in the knowledge that I will NEVER have to go through that again.

Good luck on other things my friend!

I got a conditional award. Really feeling a sense of survivor's guilt as this thread really began to feel like a little family. So sorry to hear that some of you guys didn't get it. I have no words.

I got a conditional award. Really feeling a sense of survivor's guilt as this thread really began to feel like a little family. So sorry to hear that some of you guys didn't get it. I have no words.

Dont feel bad, its good that someone did!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Vivek 1

Very very happy for you gcalvert91, I didn't make it! However, I am in good company

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 AstroArcturus

brainiac wrote: »
    Any STEMs have anything other than "Under Assessment"?

Nope, I just checked mine, and status is "Under Assessment" too. Aaarrrgh, this is literally driving me mad! I'm just dying to have some news, even if it is just for phase 1!!!

Advertisement