Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mt Leinster Challenge 2016 ... Hats off to Slaney Cycling Club

• 21-05-2016 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Just back from a nice jaunt and 2 ascents of Mt Leinster.

Tip of the cap to the Slaney Cycling Club, marshalls and volunteers. The benchmark by which all other sportives can be judged.

You even brought the sun (mostly!!)

Pealing my self out of a chair at the kiltealy food stop for another run at Mt Leinster .... After gorging myself on your culinary delights was tough but worth it. I like the simple things in life and never before did a salty cocktail sausage taste so good.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭The tax man

Great day put on by Slaney CC. Very hard to leave that food stop. Went up to the mast on the second climb up Mt.Leinster. Stupidly tough climb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭saccades

savage day, I'm burnt to a crisp. Well marshalled, signposted and I made the gap climb without stopping - if it wasn't for having to get back for the footy I'd have loved to do the full 140km.

@taxman - kept up with your group (after I said goodbye) until the first waterstop, steady eddie up the main climb and then towed a few halfway back after the main feedstop. Was good to talk to you again.

My son thinks I came second as the medal is silver :)

I got to within 15km of Eniscorthy and realised I'd forgotten my shoes, helmet and bag of stuff :picard: Hammered it in the car and managed to get back 10 mins before the start.

Advertisement