Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast Issue

• 21-05-2016 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi, ive had my chromecast about a year now and previously had no issues.
    However, my chromecast will now not show up in my TV in my living room (Sony Bravia) but yet works in my bedroom (LG Smart TV)
    I've tried everything from factory reset to unplugging and re-starting everything but still no joy, it just shows a blank black screen with a white flashing light on the chromecast.
    Im thinking the issue seems to be with the TV rather than the chromecast due to it working on another TV? Anybody experienced anything similar?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,362 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Are you using external power supply to power it. Have you disconnected the power supply when tv in on to reset chromecast?
    Does sound like hdmi problem with particular tv, I've had some unexplained problems with hdmi not working on xbox360 on one tv, very frustrating

could try the troubleshooting here
    https://support.google.com/chromecast/answer/6345122?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crby

Hi, its plugged into the wal and then the HDMI connected direct;y to TV, i've tried everything & ive just a feedback report from the link you sent me on so thanks for that! Odd that it works on another TV though...

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭nualaonthewall

Have you tried plugging something else into the Hdmi port on the TV that doesn't work with the Chromecast? Is there another hdmi port on that TV that you are sure is working? We had this problem and it was just one faulty hdmi port that was the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

I've had similar issues with my Sony Bravia, the tv has 3 usb ports so i just switch to a different port and reboot the chromecast usually works. It doesn't happen very often, normally i get "out of range" issues.

I contacted chromecast support and they said there was a compatibility issue with Sony televisions in general.

Thanks nualaonthewall and owryan....ive tried it on both HDMI ports and no luck, it was working fine for months and now nothing but a blank screen, so frustrating!

Owryan, did they mention anything about a fix for the Sony issue? Im waiting on a response from them.

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

No, this was well over a year ago, i assumed they just left it. Wonder if the newer chromecast has the same issue

crby wrote: »
    Thanks nualaonthewall and owryan....ive tried it on both HDMI ports and no luck, it was working fine for months and now nothing but a blank screen, so frustrating!

Owryan, did they mention anything about a fix for the Sony issue? Im waiting on a response from them.

Cheers

Does anything else work on these 2 hdmi ports, eg a satellite box or a DVD player? Seems strange that it would just be the Chromecast. Ours refused to work for any piece of equipment but mysteriously began to work again after months of nothing. It wasn't a Sony, though.

hey nualaonthewall yeah both HDMI ports seem to work fine with everything else. I usually have my Sky HDMI in the other port and tried that in the one where i put the chromecast and it works fine. I think i'm going to just buy a new one and see if it works....

crby wrote: »
    hey nualaonthewall yeah both HDMI ports seem to work fine with everything else. I usually have my Sky HDMI in the other port and tried that in the one where i put the chromecast and it works fine. I think i'm going to just buy a new one and see if it works....

Very odd! We have bought a Firestick since and love it. Seems a lot handier to use than the Chromecast, with the remote in particular. Our Chromecast stopped working when someone who shall not be named tried to orient the TV in a better direction for him and forgot to remove it from its port at the side first. It bent almost at right angles and never worked since!

Advertisement