Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC 800 Euro

Options
  • 21-05-2016 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

1. What is your budget? 800 might be able to stretch to 900

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming :FIFA 16, GTA 5, CS:Go, Ark Survival , H1Z1 etc.
    3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Yes

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? [No]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080 ](might upgrade in the future)

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? Keyboard

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Yes
    8. How can you pay? [Credit/ Debit Card]

9. When are you purchasing? [ End of the Summer ]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [Tipperary but should be fine ]

Any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

i5 6400 €175
    8gb DDR4 €40
    120gb SSD €60
    1tb HDD €40
    H150 board €70
    Case €50
    500w PSU €60
    GTX 1070 €350 (guess)
    Total €850

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

GTX 1070 MSRP (USD price never includes VAT) $379 = €337 + 19% VAT (if bought from Germany) = €402

Not a hope of that card costing less than €400 at launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eoinpower02

i5 6400 €175 8gb DDR4 €40 120gb SSD €60 1tb HDD €40 H150 board €70 Case €50 500w PSU €60 GTX 1070 €350 (guess) Total €850

What about windows and keyboard?

If the 1070 is over €350 (it probably will be) get an R9 390

Windows can be gotten from adverts for €20 and a €20-30 keyboard will be fine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I think the 1070 will be closer to €450 here. An R9 390 will serve you excellent in those games, but Arc is a real piece of **** to run.

Digital's build but with an R9 390 will get the job done excellent. Mouse and keyboard wise, don't believe the hype, my PC cost 2K and I have a €40 keyboard and a €20 mouse and I'm fully content. In my opinion you'd want to be a seriously competitive player to justify some of the recommendations that are made here quite often in that regard.

• Advertisement

Ah if you've an established build I.e. an i5 with a top end GPU and were already speccing high end cases and stuff, then a nice mech keyboard or fancy mouse are no harm, but yeah working to a budget they're the least important part

Will I not be able to run ark so, thanks for all the advice aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Windows can be gotten from adverts for €20
    I know you're gonna hate me saying this continuously, but €20 Windows keys are no better than piracy - except you're paying the pirates.

Microsoft have no issues with you downloading & installing Windows 10 and not activating until you can afford a real key.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    I know you're gonna hate me saying this continuously, but €20 Windows keys are no better than piracy - except you're paying the pirates.

Microsoft have no issues with you downloading & installing Windows 10 and not activating until you can afford a real key.

Can't you get windows 7 legally for 10-20 and upgrade to 10 for free ?

Will I not be able to run ark so, thanks for all the advice aswell

Ah god no, of course you will. It's just that it has insane requirements to run well, is all. It's poorly optimized, but it is improving as it develops. It's not a reflection of the capability of any gaming PC, to be honest.

• Advertisement

I agree with this, Reddit/G2P keys are grey area. Chances are, they will work OK and continue to do so, but unlike real keys, there are no guaranees, you could turn on your PC one morning and find that your key has been blocked.

However, to be fair, as someone pointed out here before, you would have to have about six keys blocked to match the price of an actual Windows genuine key, and that's very - in fact highly - unlikely.

Upgrade to Win10 instantly and the chance is lessened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Gold koki.

You know that depends. On how you see things koki... Microsoft will make more money from xbox gold than it will selling the actual xbox one console.

Same way what exactly Microsoft do with Windows users information is lets say a "grey area". The more people they have in that particular "grey area" . The more gold at the end of the rainbow.

Gold koki.

You know that depends. On how you see things koki... Microsoft will make more money from xbox gold than it will selling the actual xbox one console.

Same way what exactly Microsoft do with Windows users information is lets say a "grey area". The more people they have in that particular "grey area" . The more gold at the end of the rainbow.

While our data is worth more than the price of a key, MS are still making money off pirated copies of Windows from it. Which I think is his point.

But I'm not giving 20% of a budget to a stupid Windows key and Sol will be on my ass like flies to shít if I recommend piracy, so I hit the middle ground.

If anyone has a reasonable alternative for me to recommend I'd be glad to hear it

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

While our data is worth more than the price of a key, MS are still making money off pirated copies of Windows from it. Which I think is his point.

But I'm not giving 20% of a budget to a stupid Windows key and Sol will be on my ass like flies to shít if I recommend piracy, so I hit the middle ground.

If anyone has a reasonable alternative for me to recommend I'd be glad to hear it

Microsoft just puts a little "Please activate now" watermark on the desktop.

Main point I'm making, don't pay the pirates (since those €20 keys are MSDN keys or similar and not for resale).

MSDN keys can not be sold legally. It's piracy, there is no middle ground. If anything paying the pirates is even worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Edgarfrndly

Save an extra 50 euro and get a GTX 1070 instead of an R9 390. It will be substantially more powerful and will futureproof you better.

Save an extra 50 euro and get a GTX 1070 instead of an R9 390. It will be substantially more powerful and will futureproof you better.

The European price for it has not been confirmed yet. My €400 guess earlier was actually very conservative. If it gets much the same mark up as the 1080 founders edition it will be €430 but make it €450 if you want a good quality cooler.

tuxy wrote:
    The European price for it has not been confirmed yet. My €400 guess earlier was actually very conservative. If it gets much the same mark up as the 1080 founders edition it will be €430 but make it €450 if you want a good quality cooler.

So am I better off with a 390 I won't be purchasing for 2 months anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Im two months the new amd offerings be out there. So win win for you.

Will there be a reasonably priced one of them for around 350?

• Advertisement

We have no idea, we have next to zero details on them

And would I be better off getting a z170 board so I can upgrade to something else later

You can stick a Skylake i7 into this, by the time you need to upgrade Z170s will be a thing of the past though, so I don't think so personally

You can stick a Skylake i7 into this, by the time you need to upgrade Z170s will be a thing of the past though, so I don't think so personally

So can the H150 take skylake and Haswell chips?

So can the H150 take skylake and Haswell chips?

No just Skylake, I made a typo by saying Haswell

So how's this build

Gigabyte GA-B150--HD3P €80
    i5 6400 €170
    240gb crucial bx200 €60
    1gb hardrive €45
    Gigabyte r9 390 €322
    Evga 500w €50
    Corsair 100R €60
    Plus mindfactory delivery €30
    Windows key €20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

So how's this build

Gigabyte GA-B150--HD3P €80
    i5 6400 €170
    240gb crucial bx200 €60
    1gb hardrive €45
    Gigabyte r9 390 €322
    Evga 500w €50
    Corsair 100R €60
    Plus mindfactory delivery €30
    Windows key €20

Will a 500W PSU run a R9 390?

I don't know to be honest I'm not experienced with these things should I up it to a 600w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

I don't know to be honest I'm not experienced with these things should I up it to a 600w

Hah, I'm asking the question too. :D

I found this
    buy a good 550 watt psu, 650 if you're going for high overclocks. an 850 watt if going for crossfire and 1000 watt if going crossfire an overclocks on X99/AM3+ platforms

I'm looking at a similar card and chose a 600W PSU from amazon.

Hope it'll do the trick, but I'm open to contradiction from more experienced builders.

• Advertisement

500w will run a 390

Advertisement