Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC 800 Euro

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

500w will run a 390

Is that a blanket statement for all 500W PSUs? I can't find anyone else who'll recommend a 500W PSU for a 390.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

All quality ones yeah. I'm running a 290 off a 500w and the 390 doesn't consume as much power.

Its never any harm having some overhead, 500w is about the minimum for a 390 but won't falter if its a good quality.

Its all experienced guesswork on how much wattage you'll need which is why there's contradiction.

If it'll give you piece of mind go for 600w, it won't have any negative effect like

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Just had a quick look at 2 PSU calculators. Both reckon that a 6400 with a 390 will pull about 400w, they add some onto that as well, so 500w is sound by them

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭eoinpower02

Just had a quick look at 2 PSU calculators. Both reckon that a 6400 with a 390 will pull about 400w, they add some onto that as well, so 500w is sound by them

Grand hopefully the prices will have came down too by the time I'm buying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭eeguy

If it'll give you piece of mind go for 600w, it won't have any negative effect like

Fair enough. I was going for a 500W initially, but for the sake of a tenner I'd prefer to overspec than run at the limit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'd probably go with 550w to be sure. I think 500w will run it fine but you'd be running closer than you ideally should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

I'd probably go with 550w to be sure. I think 500w will run it fine but you'd be running closer than you ideally should be.
    This. Your PSU will be running louder and hotter too, shortening it's overall lifespan of the fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭Eoinmc97

So how's this build

Gigabyte GA-B150--HD3P €80
    i5 6400 €170
    240gb crucial bx200 €60
    1gb hardrive €45
    Gigabyte r9 390 €322
    Evga 500w €50
    Corsair 100R €60
    Plus mindfactory delivery €30
    Windows key €20

Don't forget RAM. Check that motherboard to see if it supports DDR4 or DDR3. IMO, find one that supports DDR4, as Intel say DDR3 damages the Skylake CPU's memory controller.

Forgot to put that in there yeah 8gbs of ddr4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Why are you getting the case from mindfactory? With the 30 euro extra delivery. Or did I misa something.

Corsair 200r will be same price from amazon.

• Advertisement

Why are you getting the case from mindfactory? With the 30 euro extra delivery. Or did I misa something.

Corsair 200r will be same price from amazon.

Was going to get the case and power supply from amazon

Advertisement