Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Singer Required ( Male or Female ) for working pub covers act.

• 21-05-2016 7:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭

Hi.

Im looking for a singer, ( Male or female ) to complete a 2 piece pub covers act with backing tracks.

The band will consists of me, I play guitars, and you for the vocals. All other instruments are on the backing track. Drums, Keyboards, etc etc.

If you can play an additional instrument, keyboards would be ideal - Great. If not no worries.

My goal here is to gig 2 - 3 times a month, at the most in local pubs and venues and make a little extra income from our playing. I have a young family so 2 or 3, possibly 4 gigs a month would be the max i would be able to play.

The singer/person im seeking here would ideally have some singing experience.

Also a good positive attitude, Helping finding gigs for us, and some light help with setting up of the P.A at the gigs.

The rig we will be using will be small and portable, No massive cable runs, desks and speakers here, Im not trying to make a room vibrate!!! (:

The music I would like to play will be varied. Think regular pub band. Classic 70, 80, and 90's right up to today

I would consider myself very competent on guitar so mostly everything is possible. If you would like to hear and see some of my playing I can send these onto you.

links to my playing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC2DpTnCdrU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nWMBH0LXdHw

So a little history about me - Im playing about 20 years, Lots of bands, different styles, Covers and Originals, Pop, Funk ,classic Rock. I have played in Thin Lizzy tribute bands in the past. Lots of recording experience, ran a small recording studio at one point and am a qualified sound engineer!!

Im Maynooth/Kilcock based. Ideally looking for someone Dublin based, or the same neighbourhood as me.

I reckon a few rehearsals will be required before gigging. There's lots of rehearsal studios Dublin city center that we can use. 3 should be enough before we could take the show on the road with a set list of about 30 songs.

So if you got a good voice, Attitude, and looking to make some additional gig money a couple of times a month, and along the way make a few people dance - Give me a shout.

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    Rob.

Comments

Advertisement