Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit Card Payments - Any Experience?

Options
  • 21-05-2016 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi all,

Can anyone advise of a simple method or application they either know of or have experience of, that lets you take payment from customers for bookings over the phone, and links (lodges the payment) with your current or business account?

Thanks a mill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Stripe. Quite a few of us use it round here.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭odeamarcas

Thank you sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

jimmii wrote: »
    Stripe. Quite a few of us use it round here.

Does stripe allow payments over the phone?
    Thanks

Glenalla wrote: »
    Does stripe allow payments over the phone?
    Thanks

Yes. It gives you an online terminal on the dashboard where you can process customer not present transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Glenalla

Thank you, have stripe installed but was not aware of this feature.

• Advertisement

Glenalla wrote: »
    Thank you, have stripe installed but was not aware of this feature.

When you log in go to customers then on the right between the list of your recent payments and the graph of successful charges it has two light grey buttons and one is create payment and that pops up with the box to enter the card details etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭odeamarcas

I only need a facility to take and charge for bookings over the phone. There will only be a maximum of 50 per month. So I'm looking for a simple to use software that facilitates taking and entering customers details and charging their cards. I think Stripe is for the more intensive e-commerce type business?

I'm looking at payment sense, has anyone used this? They charge €19.95 per month, no contract, no charges per transaction, seems ok on the face of it?

It would depend on the value of the transactions. Stripe is actually better for smaller totals as it's just a per transaction charge. I don't use it much my fees would be less than 19.95 for 6 months let alone one!

Advertisement