Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice Needed

Options
  • 21-05-2016 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,
    At the moment, I have one personal Iphone an IPad and an Old laptop. I work from home and am finding it tough to switch off. I get emails late at night, weekend etc. So I was thinking about getting a second mobile number, to use for business as it a new business only a few people have my personal number so far.

To be honest, the second phone idea i dread a little as being male, carrying around two phones will be a pain.

I use WhatsApp/Viber a lot to contact clients. So I did just consider getting a sim and putting it into an IPad and using that number as my business number. Though if someone calls me, it would be a bit awkward to talk on the IPad.

So I would like some advice, before going out to buy a second phone, upgrading my iPad and buYing a new MacBook. A MacBook is needed as while I can do most of my work on an IPad, I simply can't do everything I need to do.
    Has anyone else got a second phone ? How do they find it? My hope would be that when I come home, I switch off the work phone, but do you find you do that ? Are there any good dual sims out there ? Or any phones that can switch from personal set up to business set up ?

Is syncing the MacBook and IPad and business IPhone a good idea ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Truth2016

Would an option be to keep my personal number and create a VOIP on the iPad and laptop, to use to communicate via WhatsApp and Viber ? Is that even possible ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You can use viber and whatsapp on the iPad for messages fine without getting another sim. Use whatsapp web in chrome for using for phones whatsapp account.

A second phone is still probably the better idea if you really want to keep separate the two. It can be annoying at times carrying the second phone but if you work mostly from home will you be carrying it that often?

If going out you can also setup diverts to your phone from the work one so you don't have to carry it.

Another option is dual sim phone but not ideal if you want to keep your current phone.

Advertisement