Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Makes me a bit sad when...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I'd rather watch out for the moron that's going to pull out in front of me than bother waving at every other bike on the road.

I can do both...you need to chillax..:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 583 ✭✭✭HardenendMan

Love when you nod at a Garda biker and he throws the nod back!

specially when yer on the back wheel............:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

if you wave they wave back

..and another thing that grinds me gears...your riding along ,guy passes by you ..doesn't acknowledge you....happened me today on the m50....again I always give a small wave when I pass another biker..whatever he/she's on..:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,306 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

..and another thing that grinds me gears...your riding along ,guy passes by you ..doesn't acknowledge you....happened me today on the m50....again I always give a small wave when I pass another biker..whatever he/she's on..:mad:

Yeah, I always give a wave doing that, even on the m50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭Zebbedee

I've never had a wave back from an MC patch wearer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭prunudo

This is a funny one, id give a little small wave, anything bigger feels like I'm being a smart lad taunting them for riding slower

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Zebbedee wrote: »
    I've never had a wave back from an MC patch wearer.

No?
    I got a big bearhug off one of them a few weeks ago.
    Same guy actually dropped me to hospital around 12 years ago after i had a crash.
    Even stopped halfway and ran into a shop and came out with 4 cans of beer and said "get thhem into ya":pac:

Sound out!

blade1 wrote: »
    No?

Same guy actually dropped me to hospital around 12 years after i had a crash.

!

Why did he leave you there for 12 years.....we're you tied up...:D

• Advertisement

Why did he leave you there for 12 years.....we're you tied up...:D

Haha!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TeaBagMania

Like many other I started out riding jap bikes way back in the day and Harley riders would never wave back but today even when riding the Beemer I don t think ive ever encountered a Harley rider not wave back.

Moped riders are the worst, they never wave back :D

Id never do that tbf, if you overtaking someone you are probably going fast and want both hands on the bars.

Id never do that tbf, if you overtaking someone you are probably going fast and want both hands on the bars.

Only lads riding cruisers are afraid to take one hand off the bars in case they loose control:pac:

Only lads riding cruisers are afraid to take one hand off the bars in case they loose control:pac:

...of their bowels.....:D:D

If im overtaking believe im going fast ;)

In all seriousness though, il wave if I pass someone on the other side of road but if I overtake I wont. Nothing to do with rudeness just not bothered, id hope nobody would take offence, I wouldnt.

If im overtaking believe im going fast ;)

In all seriousness though, il wave if I pass someone on the other side of road but if I overtake I wont. Nothing to do with rudeness just not bothered, id hope nobody would take offence, I wouldnt.

Nothing to do with with rudeness .....it's just a friendly gesture to a fellow with the same interest as you.....as I've said it's just nice.....:)....each to his own anyways....

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭millingmachine

^^^ I've found him.. This is the guy who NEVER waves back :mad:
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I've been out on the bike a lot lately.

Some give a head nod, some a wave of the hand, and some a leg out. So, is it like "Rock, Paper, Scissors" as to which is the better acknowledgement of another rider? :D

I'll almost always acknowledge a rider coming towards me, unless I am occupied with something else (changing gear, turning, changing lane, etc). I don't think I've ever overtaken another biker. :rolleyes: But, if a biker overtakes me, I wouldn't expect a wave.

But, in the confines of the city, I seldom get/give a wave. Too much going on that requires your attention.

Paulw wrote: »
    I've been out on the bike a lot lately.

Some give a head nod, some a wave of the hand, and some a leg out. So, is it like "Rock, Paper, Scissors" as to which is the better acknowledgement of another rider? :D

But, if a biker overtakes me, I wouldn't expect a wave.

I'd wave to ya mate..;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I always just give a brief thumbs up, I really get over takin myself purely because I am always making progress (LMAO) so dont be hanging around. But if some mush is all over my mirrors I would gladly let him pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

specially when yer on the back wheel............:D

I got a nod from a bike cop in the Phoenix Park. I came off the round-a-bout at the Wellington monument and took the north exit onto Chesterfield Avenue and wheelied ~ up the road a bike cop was riding behind a car, he gave me a nod ~ and I rode like the devil on horseback to make distance :pac:

Another guard gave me a bollocking one day for wheeling. I was on a work bike (army dispatch rider), had raced another lad through Phibsboro and at the Smurfit chicane I wheeled right/left onto Botanic Road ~ I got pulled, and a bollocking "you're in uniform blah blah blah, the public are looking at you blah blah blah" ~ the only one nodding at that one was me "yes, sorry, yes, sorry, I'll never do it again your Gardaship, I'm REALLY sorry ~ don't tell the army".

That was about twenty years ago, but he put the frighteners on me (for about ten minutes :) ).

Just tell them your slipper clutch/anti wheelie/traction control thingy is acting up...........:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

Did about a quarter of the wild Atlantic way today because 1 it's near me and 2 it's a good laugh
    Number of bikes met; loads
    Number I waved or legged at or nodded at ;all
    Number who waved back 1.
    I said it to the Mrs when I got home (she's a biker as well) and she says "lot of lads riding bikes who aren't bikers theses days )
    So basically it's a bunch of motorcyclists going round confusing things.

I swear i'm getting to the point where i just wont bother waving/nodding if i recognise the bike coming towards me...;):mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

I swear i'm getting to the point where i just wont bother waving/nodding if i recognise the bike coming towards me...;):mad:

Maybe it's just you?? :eek:

Just tell them your slipper clutch/anti wheelie/traction control thingy is acting up...........:D

On a GT550 twenty plus years ago :pac:

You were super high tech if you had self cancelling indicators back then, and a working side stand switch was pure opulence :D

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭seamusk84

My favourite thing is when people overtake me on an R1 or GSXR and wave just as they pass me on my little 500cc CB.

seamusk84 wrote: »
    My favourite thing is when people overtake me on an R1 or GSXR and wave just as they pass me on my little 500cc CB.

I hope you return the wave when you pass by the petrol station they're filling in :pac:

One thing I don't miss since downsizing :cool:

• Advertisement
Advertisement