Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Each Way

Options
  • 22-05-2016 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭

I don't really bet each way on horse races but last week I put two each way bets on in two 16 runner fields which got reduced to 15 prior to the races.

When I bet it was 1/4 odds 1,2,3,4 places

Prior to the race 1/5 odds 1,2,3 places

I think I know the answer but I just want to make sure.

I would get paid out to 4th place but rule 4 applies?
    Both bets lost anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Donn Cuailnge

The place terms change with a NR. So if you finished fourth you don't get paid but you should still get a 1/4 the odds when a 16 runner handicap reduces to a 15 runner handicap.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Donn Cuailnge

Handicaps of more than 16 runners – 1/4 odds on first four places.
    Handicaps of 12-15 runners – 1/4 odds on first three places.
    All other races of more than 8 runners – 1/5 odds on first three places.
    All races of 5-7 runners – 1/4 odds on first two places.
    All races of less than 5 runners – WIN ONLY (no each-way betting allowed).

It’s also important to remember that the place terms above are based on the number of runners that start a race, and not the number of runners in a particular contest when your bet was placed. For example, if you place an each-way bet on a race that has eight runners (1/5 odds for the first three places), and one horse is withdrawn and only seven start the race, the place terms are reduced to 1/4 odds for the first two places only.

Advertisement