Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCTV advice - self install

Options
  • 22-05-2016 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

We already have an alarm system but want to add CCTV after a large number of burglaries in our estate - both daytime and night, with occupants present.

We are ground floor / first floor with access at the front and back. As a basic, we are hoping for two camera at the front, one at the back, and three cameras internally - downstairs hall, downstairs living room and upstairs landing. The front of the property has a street lamp directly outside and is relatively well lit from additional street lighting. The rear has no lighting, apart from our sensor light.

I've been looking at Amazon at some of the kits advertised.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=node%3D1939544031&field-keywords=CCTV+1080&rh=n%3A79903031%2Cn%3A1939527031%2Cn%3A1939541031%2Cn%3A1939544031%2Ck%3ACCTV+1080

What should I be looking for? Some mention 1.3mp cameras, which were crap on mobiles, so I don't imagine they'll be great for security

Ideally €300 (but assume very wishful thinking!)

Advertisement