Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pro12 Final Build up thread: uppity westerners v their ladyboy brothers

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Missing a family communion ourselves. Some things are just too important... on the 1030 ferry now, looks to be about 5:1 green to blue. Hon Connacht!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,965 ✭✭✭connachta

Buer wrote: »
    connachta wrote:
    I think you underestimate how good McGinty is at the moment.

I think you underestimate how good the first choice Irish out half, first choice Lions out half and world player of the year nominee is, regardless of how well McGinty has performed in the Pro12.

We're talking about one match, and on 80 minutes he can hold the comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭Buer

connachta wrote:
    We're talking about one match, and on 80 minutes he can hold the comparison

Only in so far as he plays to his best and Sexton doesn't.

If they both play to the best of their abilities, it's a pointless comparison. It would be like saying Noel Reid can hold a comparison to Bundee Aki over 80 minutes.

not the same IMO, kicking game to the post is the only area where the gap is as wide as you might expect, if both play the same % of their best

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

connachta wrote: »
    not the same IMO, kicking game to the post is the only area where the gap is as wide as you might expect, if both play the same % of their best

Sexton has the big game experience. Him on his own is probably the mainreason why Leinster are favourites. Mc Ginty is a good player but there is no comparrison. You would back Sexton aganst any OH in the world.

Sexton misses games regularly, hope it's today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

connachta wrote: »
    Sexton misses games regularly, hope it's today.

Yeah I wonder will Connacht target him? A few early marginally late hits could disrupt him I guess?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,076 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Quint2010 wrote: »
    Yeah I wonder will Connacht target him? A few early marginally late hits could disrupt him I guess?

I doubt it. He is well used to dealing with that sort of stuff.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Some great pics doing the rounds on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/craggyrugbypod/status/736467042338021376

Saw a tweet earlier from someone in Newcastle saying there were hoards of Leinster fans at the station waiting for the Edinburgh train.

It feels like there's a bit more excitement all around this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭sheep?

Yeah, it's great to see, especially for the Pro12.

Goddammit. I really want Leinster to win, but Connacht winning would be super for Irish rugby.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Connacht have Ireland's finest on board. What hope do Leinster have?

https://twitter.com/sawdoctors/status/736555513626906624

Advertisement