Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"The insiders" Facebook page?

• 22-05-2016 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen that Facebook page the insiders the profile photo of a man in a bently I think it is.
    He posts photos of loads of cah and him in supercars?
    I messaged page and his deal is he gives you tips and if they win you send him his flat rate of 400euro for the tip through western union. If you don't send the 400 he won't give you any tips in future?
    I agreed but no tips ever came a scam no doubt.
    He claims to have 35+ wins in a row.
    I'd say its alot of Photoshop and setting up pages and commenting under his photos saying thanks for tips and that.
    Anyone else come across page?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,819 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

If he isn't charging at the start and didn't send you any tips I don't see how you can call it a scam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

callaway92 wrote: »
    If he isn't charging at the start and didn't send you any tips I don't see how you can call it a scam.

I mean in the sense he's fooling everyone into thinking he's a genius to grow a big following on Facebook there it has a huge following now.
    Maybe he can predict the future I dunno?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Arrow in the Knee

400 for each tip!

You would need to be betting alot of money to justify that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭12gauge dave

400 for each tip!

You would need to be betting alot of money to justify that.

Ya he says its a high stake thing he gets tips from within the betting world of sure wins mostly in foreign soccer?

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭mfergus

They are all scams. A usual type would be:

You message him, he tells you he has "sure bets" and will give you the first one, when it wins you must send him 50% of the profit. The minimum bet must be 100euro. If you don't send him the money he won't give you the second bet.
    You agree and he sends you a tip of team a V team b. Correct score 3-0 to team A.
    You put the minimum bet of 100euro on it at 10/1 odds.

Sounds like easy money?

The only snag is plenty of other people message him and he gives them a tip for the same game, except he gives them different scores to bet on.

One fella, we will call him joe bets 100 on team a to win 2-0 at 5/1 and the lucky for him the correct score is 2-0 and he wins.

You and plenty of others lose your 100euro but joe has a nice profit of 500euro.

Joe sends the 50% to the scammer and the scammer sends him the next "tip".

Joe thinks he landed on his feet and puts 300euro on the next correct score. If joe wins both himself and the scammer is up more. If joe loses, the scammer is still up as some other eejit that was messaging him got th correct score.

Hope that explains it properly! If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is.
    If somebody had such solid information they would just simply bet on it themselves and tell few.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,651 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

No need to drag up zombie threads. Closing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement