Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In Supreme Court last week Harry Rea versus Ireland and Others

Options
  • 22-05-2016 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

..so Harry Rea won - why are we not seeing this reported in the various media? Thoughts, anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

For much the same reasons that the no-one in the media is reporting that Nicky Byrne won the Eurovision.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭virino

Ok,that would be funny if the case had not been so important. I must conclude you are not aware of the case nor its ramifications.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Pro Hoc Vice

virino wrote: »
    ..so Harry Rea won - why are we not seeing this reported in the various media? Thoughts, anyone?

http://courts.ie/Judgments.nsf/597645521f07ac9a80256ef30048ca52/ed5dcf84c995cfd480257fae0049efbd?OpenDocument

Is there another judgement you read!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Did he?

http://courts.ie/Judgments.nsf/0/ED5DCF84C995CFD480257FAE0049EFBD
    In all the circumstances, the Court would not interfere with the order of the High Court. Consequently, the appeal will be dismissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭source

The only thing in that judgement that could be considered even close to a win for him, is that the court didn't make an order for costs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

If this'll get me any extra marks in Company or EU law I'm all for being spoon fed :pac:

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

The Special Peoples Supreme Court, which only sits on Sundays during the ordinary supreme court vacations, might have convened this afternoon and declared that Harry was right after all. I'm surprised the Irish Times didnt send someone along to cover it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,255 ✭✭✭✭The_Minister

You made me doubt myself so I checked - he lost completely and utterly

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,749 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

What did he win?

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭cobhguy28

The judgment was on the 9 of May. Why do you think he did not make any statement untill a week later if he had won. Nothing on his facebook ect. because he lost and now he is trying to spin it, simple.

• Advertisement

The is what was ruled Supreme court,

" In all the circumstances, the Court would not interfere with the order of the High Court. Consequently, the appeal will be dismissed."

This means the orinigal high court decission stands. High Court,

"My view was that no stateable case had been put forward by Mr. Rea or his fellow applicants"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

If I read this it's going to push something I need tomorrow out of my brain, the evidence exam caused me to forget my PIN number massively curtailing my ability to get completely wankered and engage the services of the ladies of Smithfield. Could someone give me the Kerryman version?

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭virino

It came up on my Facebook timeline, posted by Clonmel Says No. It seems a poor kind of joke, what would be the point? It said the judgement was on the 17th May. But no matter what the outcome, why is it not being reported on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

/Mod//

MA, mods here are pure and simple souls. They have no understanding of what happens at Smithfield.

However as word has now leaked about the Sunday morning Provisional Supreme Court it may be safer to close this lest some be confused

It came up on my Facebook timeline, posted by Clonmel Says No. It seems a poor kind of joke, what would be the point? It said the judgement was on the 17th May. But no matter what the outcome, why is it not being reported on?

Judgement was on the 9th harry invited everyone down to it on his Facebook page. It was published on the courts website on the 9th as I read it that day. It took harry 9 days to post a post out about his so called win. How very very strange.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement