Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor - any disadvantages moving from Bill Pay to Sim Only?

Options
  • 22-05-2016 7:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Hi. Have been with Meteor for a long time and in recent years have been very happy with the service.

Am not happy about the price of "upgrades" though, so am considering shifting to one of their sim-only bill pay plans. They appear much better value than their stock bill pay plans.

Are there any disadvantages to going sim-only?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭the goon

Bump! I'm in the same boat. Find their phone price/plans astronomical at present. Especially relative to other providers. My plan expires at end of month and at the moment I think I will be moving....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Will have to pay more at one time for the new phone but may be cheaper overtime. Keep an eye on bargain alerts for sim free phones on offere when thinking of changing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I did it and am very happy with it. I buy my phones sim free online.

But since I changed, they've tried twice to get me to change back.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭dingbat

"You're on an old plan, sir"

Yes, I know. It suits me perfectly.

"How about this plan? It comes with this other stuff that you don't want and we'll only charge you an extra €20 per month and the phone is half price!"

No, I don't want that. Also, do me a favour and add up the full sim-free price of the phone plus my current contract for 24 months. Then do the same with the one you offered me.

"Hold on sir..."

*silence*

"hmm, yes. I see your point."

I'd end up paying fully 50% extra.

"yes sir."

So I'm staying on my current plan or going sim-free.

"There's really nothing I can do for you. I do apologise. They're very firm with us regarding the old plans. The system won't let me do anything at all for you."

Or going to a competitor. I've been with you for years. The last phone I got with you was three years ago. Even a gesture would be well received.

"I'm really sorry sir."

*dingbat sighs*

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

That about sums it up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement