Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

If Alex Ferguson was to announce he was returning..

• 22-05-2016 7:39pm

...to football management, would Man U fans want him back?

How about fans of other clubs? Would you want him in charge? He can manage Cork City FC any time.

And if not, why not? Too old, they should never go back, Mourinho or others are a better option, the game has changed, he was fading anyway or any other reason?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

But he wont.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

If the ghost of Eric Cantona came back and karate kicked Alan Pardew would the FA ban him?

He'll be 75 this year. Too old id say for his own health

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Same chance of me nailing a date with Scarlet Johannson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

If the ghost of Eric Cantona came back and karate kicked Alan Pardew would the FA ban him?

After that dance Pardew did yesterday, they would give Cantona a medal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Lord TSC wrote: »

so-youre-telling-me-theres-a-chance-dumb-and-dumber-lloyd-christmas-meme-600x324.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

I don't know, he left his last club in a terrible state and he's always stirring up controversy. You'd worry he'd tarnish the club's reputation and he may have won a few trophies way back but how much of that was his work and not just due to all the money he had to spend?

Take a pass on him. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

Ya and if my Aunt had balls shed be my uncle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,216 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

He is looking great since he retired, it suits him, the commitment to United he had was taking a toll on him physically as well as mentally, no chance of it happening but if you gave me the man as a cyborg from now until the end of my days as manager of course I'd have him. You don't turn down the GOAT

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

I know van Gaal hasn't been great, but to think a goat would do better is stretching it a bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

I know van Gaal hasn't been great, but to think a goat would do better is stretching it a bit

Maybe he means Bermudian former City hero Shuan Goater

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Seeing him yesterday on TV before and after the game.. he actually looks much more healthy and younger then the day he retired from United. Seemed in great form too and seems to be enjoying his retirement and keeping active.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,402 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Strumms wrote: »
    Seeing him yesterday on TV before and after the game.. he actually looks much more healthy and younger then the day he retired from United. Seemed in great form too and seems to be enjoying his retirement and keeping active.

Thought Steve Coppell actually looked older than him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

liam7831 wrote: »
    Ya and if my Aunt had balls shed be my uncle

But which toilet would she use in America.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,427 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

As much as I despised him when he was managing United, I'd take him at Blackburn rovers right now ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'd say no.

He has been incredible for the club and his reputation has already got a little tarnished here and there since his retirement in certain quarters. I wouldn't want him back in case he would ruin his legacy, but also because in my view the club needs to break from him ENTIRELY, along with those still loosely associated with his regime(advocate on the Utd thread that Giggs should be turfed with LVG)

For all the incredible work and success he brought, he completely distorted the club into his own vision. A juggernaut operating at his will, but him at the centre of it. Because of this and lack of long term planning, the clubs general structure is a mess and will take some time to modernise and improve, work that is only barely starting. Same will likely happen with Arsenal.

United need to modernise, and move to modern structure and layers. Ferguson wouldn't be able to operate in that environment and the club can't continue to hold back the changes any longer.

*Should note it's minor stuff in relation to his success at the club. It's stuff that was likely obvious upon his retirement(to me anyway)that was going to cause the club so much grief after he left. But it pales into comparison against his overall success.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Lord TSC wrote: »

With the rate at which VR technology is developing you could be in luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Of all the retarded threads started in the football forum this one takes the biscuit....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Aidric wrote: »
    Of all the retarded threads started in the football forum this one takes the biscuit....

Maybe but some of the replies are brilliant

Aidric wrote: »

And yet has more replies than 80% of the threads you started here.

It's a funny old world...;)

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=188112&threads=1&sort=newest&date_to=&date_from=&query=%2A%3A%2A&forum=151

• Advertisement
Advertisement