Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vine Weevil 2016

Options
  • 22-05-2016 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have had Vine Weevil in the Garden for around 4 years now, I have read a lot of literature on the little gits and most of them state that you get them in pots, not in my Garden! They are in the borders also and eat all types of plants from Sedum to Hydrengea from Clematis to Rasberries, they seem to be the terminator of the insect world. I go out into the garden every Jan and kill the cream with brown head larvae and again in the summer at night with a torch like a nutter to kill the adults, but still they still live. I have tried a couple of pesticides to no avail, has anyone had much success with nematodes and do you find top dressing pots with gravel stops them from laying their eggs in the pots?

Advertisement