Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Beginning again

• 22-05-2016 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Glebee

Ive been thinking for a while now about getting back into playing a bit of golf. Got the old clubs out of the shed over the weekend and gave them a clean down and there not in bad nick. Played for maybe 2-3 years about 10 years and was not brilliant but could hit a ball (sometimes). What would peoples suggestions be to get back into golf? Was going to hit the driving range at the local course and maybe book a few lessons at the local club. I suppose that would be a good starting point.

Comments

Get the lesson first. I wouldn't go to the range right away tbh because if you're not doing something right, and can't get the ball away, it could get quite frustrating. Book a lesson, then work on what they've told you at the range, if you've a par 3 course nearby maybe give that a go and progress to your local club then.

Good luck! I followed a similar path a few years ago and I really regret my time away from the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,823 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Dunno. Think I would want to hit a few buckets to get the muscles loose. I'm a firm believer in proper lessons but I think I'd find it intimidating to go straight from zero golf to under the scrutiny of a pro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Play a few games of pitch and putt and then the range once or twice and then maybe a pro ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Hoof Hearted2

Don't do it man, it's highly addictive and puts a massive hole in your wallet:);):pac:

Advertisement