Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cassette spacer question

• 22-05-2016 9:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I ordered a 105 5700 10spd cassette for a 11spd freehub. I believe a 1mm spacer is provided with the cassette. Do I need another spacer?

cheers
    J

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭G1032

Yes. Was there not one provided with the wheel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

Annoyingly no! Well not that I could see, actually the last set of wheels I ordered didn't have a spacer included either.

You need a spacer alright. I don't know how wide it is but afaik it's wider than the 1mm one. Can't really do without it.

From researching I think I need a 1mm and 1.85mm , just need confirmation on that

That'd sound right. The 1mm comes with the 10spd cassette so you're looking for a 1.85mm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 217 ✭✭Dipsomaniac

From another thread the other day. Sorted me out anyway
    route66 wrote: »
    This is a handy page which answers most wheel spacer-type questions: http://www.slowtwitch.com/Tech/Casse...2013_3978.html

Grand job, answered!

Advertisement