Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sellityourself.ie

Options
  • 22-05-2016 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Anyone have experience of using this to sell or buy a house? Good or not?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31 ChickCave

I have no experience of them but I will say one thing. I've just bought a house an have been online looking at houses over the past 6 months and I've never heard of this site so I'm guessing they don't have much exposure. I suppose if you're putting a sign outside the house and relying on passersby to see it then it might be OK but in my experience people tend to look online for properties and could easily miss this site.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ditto- before you posted your post here- I had never heard of the website before in my life. I'd say avoid- you're simply not going to have members of the public looking at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Roger Mellie Man on the Telly

I have heard of this site before and have perused it. Very few properties available is the problem.

Using an EA gives much greater exposure to buyers, but this is obviously how the industry wants it. If more sold privately it would be interesting to see how it panned out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Do you not require a license to sell property in Ireland now?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Addle wrote: »
    Do you not require a license to sell property in Ireland now?

Yup- from the Property Services Regulatory Authority.
    I'm not clear that it applies to private sales however........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,833 ✭✭✭Alkers

I've seen the odd private sale advertised in daft, that would be the way to go imo

Advertisement