Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog on George St.

• 23-05-2016 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone else has seen the small dog wandering around George St.? He's a small terrier-like dog, short-haired light brown/tan coat. Seems friendly.
    I've seen him a few times now wandering around the street, no owner in sight but he has a collar. This morning he was crossing the road and I nearly had a heart attack thinking he was gonna get hit by a car as its quite a busy street. Anyone know of this dog?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Hugh Cream

that's a dog from one of the flats around the area. He makes his way to stephen's Green as well. Not a bother on him haha. Lovely friendly little thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 NineEggs

Hugh Cream wrote: »
    that's a dog from one of the flats around the area. He makes his way to stephen's Green as well. Not a bother on him haha. Lovely friendly little thing.

Yeah he's a lovely little dog. Just worrying seeing him crossing busy streets :/
    I was practically running across the street with him when I saw him this morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Hugh Cream wrote: »

Allowing the dog to roam free is illegal under the Control of Dogs Act. The dog isn't under control, would be classed as a stray and picked up by the warden and taken to the pound.

The dog could easily get runover, stolen or tormented by kids/adults and the owner is irresponsible and lazy for just letting their dog out instead of walking it properly.

Oh and who picks up it's sh*t? I suppose if someone treads in it then it's not a bother?

This lackadaisical attitude to pet ownership is the root cause of a lot of the animal welfare problems in this country.

Allowing the dog to roam free is illegal under the Control of Dogs Act. The dog isn't under control, would be classed as a stray and picked up by the warden and taken to the pound.

The dog could easily get runover, stolen or tormented by kids/adults and the owner is irresponsible and lazy for just letting their dog out instead of walking it properly.

Oh and who picks up it's sh*t? I suppose if someone treads in it then it's not a bother?

This lackadaisical attitude to pet ownership is the root cause of a lot of the animal welfare problems in this country.
    I agree with you on a lot of that. I wasn't being flippant by claiming the dog roaming around on its own is no bother, that it's no big deal. That's not what I was saying.
    You're really directing you're frustration in the wrong place here.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 NineEggs

Like Hugh Cream, I agree that the dog shouldn't be just wandering like that but more for the safety of the dog. Like you said, it could get run over, tormented by kids or picked up and taken to a pound.
    I'm totally blaming the owners here. They're not taking responsibility for the dog. They have the dog walking the street than actually walking him themselves. If you can't even do that yourself, you shouldn't have a dog in the first place!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Katrina101

Hi,

Yeah, I've seen him too..I followed him one evening for 20 mins, I was so worried about him. When I got a hold of him, I called his owner as I thought he had got out of someones home..To be honest the owner was quite happy he was out and didn't want me to drop him back home :( I hated leaving him to wonder the streets.

He's really lovely :(

I think the owner is elderly. Used to letting dogs out unsupervised.

Advertisement